Purdue University or UCSD for Electrical Engineering

Hello everyone, I am an international student and I am planning to study Electrical Engineering as a major. Nevertheless I am having trouble choosing between two universities were I’ve been accepted: Purdue University and University of Calfornia San Diego. Both are really good engineering schools for what I have heard and seen on rankings and other posts in CC. UCSD has as an advantage its beautiful location in California, however I’ve heard that the social life there is really dissapointing. Purdue seems to have more of a national reputation than UCSD in engineering, and the social life doesn’t seems to be an issue. For now I am leaning towards Purdue.

I want to know which university would you choose if you were in my place and why, considering how easy would it be to get an internship, which university would you think would give me a more “pretiguos” degree, how would the social life differ between each school, and other factors that you think I should consider.

I am from Peru and although I am certainly not sure of what I would do once I get my undergraduate degree, I was planning on working in US right after graduation (California maybe?).

P.S: Money isn’t an issue

Thanks

Both are pretty equal in terms of reputation for engineering. Depends whether you want to live in California or Indiana

@Dhruv97 I’ve heard from engineers that Purdue has a better reputation, is that so?

A Purdue Engineering degree is one of the highest recruited degrees in the country according to published recruiter lists, so definitely yes if you’re looking to go right into industry.