Purdue vs. Emerson - Speech-Language Pathology

<p>Alright, this might be a little lengthy so bear with me.</p>

<p>I'm technically currently a student at NYU in their Communicative Sciences and Disorders program. After a bit of searching I saw online that NYU's program is not rated nearly as high as my two safety schools I applied to as a senior (Emerson College and Northeastern). Pair that with NYU being completely unaffordable and overpriced, I decided to looking into transferring.</p>

<p>I applied and was accepted to Purdue University's Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences: pre-research program and Emerson College's Communication Disorders program. Now, Purdue is rated 3rd and Emerson 30th, which are mother much better than NYU at 87th. I'm having a bit of difficulty picking schools. I've visited Emerson and really like that it's in the heart of Boston, giving me a plethora of art and internship opportunities. Purdue has all the sports I'd like to play and although not in a major city is very close Chicago and Indianapolis. Basically, I'm pretty sure I'd be happy at both places, but simply don't know where to choose, or if I should just try to pay for NYU. Also, Purdue is roughly 10k cheaper than Emerson, and I received no financial aid or scholarship money. </p>

<p>Any advice, transfers, regular students, whatever, from both schools would be great. And if anybody had any info about the programs or majors, that'd be awesome as well.</p>

<p>Never knew Purdue had a great Speech-Language program to be honest. </p>

<p>Not sure if it matters to you but the environment at Purdue will be different than one at Emerson. I was a student at Purdue my freshman year but transferred to Johnson & Wales which is near Emerson. However, I transferred back to Purdue after a year since I didn’t feel like I fit in. </p>

<p>I would say visit Purdue and see how you like it here. If Purdue is $10K cheaper than Emerson I would highly consider coming to Purdue.</p>