Quality of Counselling Services

Has anyone ever used the counselling services at CC? How is the quality and availability? Is it difficult to see the same person each time?

Thanks for any info!

At FYE, each student is assigned an academic counselor from the faculty. Each student is required to request a counselor from their desired department prior to the end of their 2nd year. So we never get bounced around. There is a decent chance that your FYE counselor could actually be your permanent counselor as the FYE ( at least among from friends) was assigned roughly according to expressed interest in a major. I had a great FYE adviser, but my permanent is my absolute favorite faculty member.

And both counselors ALWAYS have time for me. I get emails on weekends and late at night. The relationship is more like ;mentor than ‘academic adviser’. In addition, CC goes out of its way to provide career counseling as well. It seems like every week there is some sort of career opportunity even announced.

This is really great news! I was actually referring to personal counselling, but your answer is just another reason CC is an awesome spot!! Anyone know anything about the personal counselling services?