Question about Frats at rutgers!

<p>There is a notorious initiation ritual at one of the sororities - the prospective members undress and take turns climbing on top of working driers. "Excess" body vibrates with the machine, and the current sisters circle it with markers. Pretty crazy stuff, I don't know if it still goes on - greek life at rutgers is currently on a tight leash. Fiji closed down recently, crow and some others are on probation.</p>

<p>sorry if i we ruined frat and greek life for you lol, im just relaying the stories ive heard .. personally it just doesnt seem worth it to me .</p>

<p>And I thought all these groups did was put uninterested dbags on College Ave. to harass people for $1 to end domestic abuse and world hunger.</p>

<p>^ Someone complained about this in the Targum months ago. He even complained how some of the sororities would play into the guilt of the students walking by, yelling stuff like "You don't care about kids with cancer?!"</p>

<p>When I walk by their booths, I used to just have my headphones on, put my head down, and act if I didn't notice them. I'm sorry, but I can't donate a dollar for every time I walk past them after class. That would cost me about $10.00 per month. </p>

<p>To the OP: lol, I hope we didn't discourage you from checking out Greek life. If you still feel like you want to get involved in it, then by all means go ahead. Just know your limits and don't let people humiliate you or take advantage of you.</p>

<p>In general, I've found professional frats worth the time and effort. (more so than regular ones anyways)</p>

<p>^ I never really understood the "regular" frats either. I mean, in terms of networking, at least with the professional frats you are with people who are pursuing a similar career.</p>

<p>Well to be fair, most social frats are also national and there is definitely opportunity to network. Most people join frats for parties and just to belong in a group, which isn't really that bad of a reason.</p>

<p>Frats depend on what kind of person you are. if you weren’t in the “popular” crowd growing up then fraternities are probably NOT for you.</p>

<p>Frat parties are always good as they provide alcohol (free during rush) and plenty of drunk girls many of which are very easy. Also Frat parties do not get broken up as often as house parties and considering how visible the Rutgers police are thats always a plus.</p>

<p>the only problem is pledging sucks. you the **** kicked out of you and have to do ***** work for most of your 1st semester. after that Frats are amazing. you always have friends and you always have girls. you just have to determine what frat seems best for you and can you put up with pledging.</p>

<p>my sister is in a professional frat (it’s co-ed) and loves it. she parties all the time, but everyone understands they need to get their work done. plus, if you’re a girl that can’t be surrounded by other *****y girls 24/7, you can have guy “brothers” too. also, her dues are like 200 bucks or something, opposed to the 1800/semester i’ve heard of for some sororities.
on the other hand, yes frat guys party a lot, but i know guys who’ve been able to maintian really high gpas and the frat lifestyle. just don’t be stupid about it and you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>What frat did she end up joining?</p>

<p>Anyone have anything else on the frats there?</p>

<p>Greek life is very weak at Rutgers compared to rival schools (Penn St., UMD, UDEL, Syracuse etc.). Also if i were a girl I would stay clear of frat parties or at least drink before hand. some Rutgers frats have had drugging incidents in the past…</p>

<p>In my opinion there are a ton of good fraternities but I think hands down the [best</a> fraternity at Rutgers is Phi Delta Theta](<a href=“http://rutgers.phideltatheta.org/]best”>http://rutgers.phideltatheta.org/). Nobody balances schoolwork, community involvement, and the social end of college quite as well as the Phi Deltas at Rutgers University.</p>