Question about future SAT when applying to college now

My son is applying to a college that isn’t test optional. He is 20 points below their middle 50% SAT. He is taking SAT at month end again and has those scores being automatically sent to school after he takes the test since their early action deadline is 9/15 and he would need to do this or the scores wouldn’t make the 9/15 deadline.

My question is, should he actually automatically send the scores to make the 9/15 deadline? Or should he just go with what he has, and assume he’ll be deferred to next application pool and wait to send those SAT scores until he can see what he actually got and then send only if they improve his super score.

I am afraid if he automatically sends without seeing the score that the score could be worse then the score he has now and I am not sure if that will look bad. I hope this makes sense.

I wouldn’t have him automatically send scores. Most colleges allow self-reported scores. Check the college’s website to see if they allow it. If they do, and if he’ll have the scores prior to the 9/15 deadline, then I would have him self-report. You can send the official score report later.

6 Likes

Deleted

Scores for the Aug 26 SAT will be released Sept 8. I would wait to see the scores before submitting.

What college has a 9/15 early deadline? The earliest EA schools listed in the Common App have a deadline of 10/15.

Auburn’s first EA round deadline is 9/15. Not sure if there are any others.

1 Like

Fascinating - Auburn has four rounds of EA! I had no idea, but I kind of like it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.