Questions about Oklahoma State University

<p>I would greatly appreciate an answer to any of the following questions. They are mostly directed towards current students but anyone who has an answer is more than welcome. </p>

<li><p>Is the college’s social life centered mostly around frats & sororities? I don’t wish to be a part of one but i dont want to be a social outcast because of it. </p></li>
<li><p>How safe is the campus? </p></li>
<li><p>Is there any kind of camp before their freshman year starts for students who have gotten in and are going there?</p></li>
<li><p>What is the admissions process like? </p></li>
<li><p>I know drinking is an issue at every college but will i still have fun if i decide not to drink? </p></li>
<li><p>I have heard that OSU is really clique-y. Is it difficult to make new friends because everyone sticks together with their old highschool friends?</p></li>
<li><p>After freshman year do most students move out of the dorms? & is housing off campus decent?</p></li>
<li><p>How available and helpful are the the professors overall? & how big are class sizes usually?</p></li>
<li><p>Are most students friendly and outgoing and willing to meet new people?</p></li>
<li><p>What is there to do at the university?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>I know it’s a hassle but if you could answer even just 1 of these questions it would be greatly appreciated. & if you have anything else to add feel free. (:</p>

<ol>
<li> Is the college's social life centered mostly around frats & sororities? I don't wish to be a part of one but i dont want to be a social outcast because of it. </li>
</ol>

<p>At OSU, you will never feel like a social outcast because there is plenty to do without participating in Greek Life. Oklahoma State’s Greek Life participation is about 18%. Our university has over 400 student organizations to get involved in, so there are a number of opportunities to get involved on campus.</p>

<ol>
<li>How safe is the campus? </li>
</ol>

<p>Oklahoma State University has the safest campus in the Big XII. Located throughout campus we have a blue emergency light that is visible to you while standing at any point on campus. In the event of an emergency, press the button and the police are notified instantly. After notification, the police arrive in about 20 seconds.</p>

<ol>
<li>Is there any kind of camp before their freshman year starts for students who have gotten in and are going there?</li>
</ol>

<p>Yes. Before the fall semester, Campus Life host Camp Cowboy for incoming freshmen. Camp Cowboy is a three day event that gives you the opportunity to meet current student, faculty, and alumni. At Camp Cowboy, you learn about traditions of Oklahoma State, what to expect, and meet new people that will be entering the academic year with you.</p>

<ol>
<li>What is the admissions process like? </li>
</ol>

<p>Submit your admission application as soon as possible. Also, the application for competitive scholarship deadline is February 1. The admission performance requirements are high school GPA of 3.0 and class rank in top 33%, or high school GPA of 3.0 and ACT score of 21 or SAT 900, or ACT score of 24/SAT score of 1090.</p>

<ol>
<li>I know drinking is an issue at every college but will i still have fun if i decide not to drink? </li>
</ol>

<p>Of course. Not everyone one on campus drinks, so there are always other things to do.</p>

<ol>
<li>I have heard that OSU is really clique-y. Is it difficult to make new friends because everyone sticks together with their old high school friends?</li>
</ol>

<p>As long as you get involved and participate in on-campus activities, it will not be hard to make friends.</p>

<ol>
<li>After freshman year do most students move out of the dorms? & is housing off campus decent?</li>
</ol>

<p>Our campus housing offers a variety living options from traditional dorms to fully furnished apartments. Some students stay on campus their entire four years and some do not. It depends on the individual and their preferences. Some of the off campus housing options are really nice as well, but it is not as convenient as living on campus.</p>

<ol>
<li>How available and helpful are the professors overall? & how big are class sizes usually?</li>
</ol>

<p>The professors want you to excel as long as you put forth the effort. Professors have office hours students are able to use in order to get one-on-one, help if needed.
About the class sizes, freshmen year the classes tend to be large because everyone has similar schedules. But the student to professor ratio is 19:1.</p>

<ol>
<li>Are most students friendly and outgoing and willing to meet new people?</li>
</ol>

<p>Oklahoma State University, in my opinion, has the friendliest group of people ever. People are outgoing and give the occasional hi or smile when walking across campus just because.</p>

<ol>
<li>What is there to do at the university?</li>
</ol>

<p>OSU offers plenty to do. During the week you may find different programs presented by organizations, you can hang out with friends in the union, go a sporting event with friends, and much more.</p>