Random Questions

I exclusively use the InstantPot for eggs. Always perfect and easy to peel.

But before the IP on my induction cooktop I put eggs in room temperature water, bring to rolling boil, turn off heat and let sit 10-12 minutes. Older eggs peel better.

3 Likes

I would think the “cools down immediately” part would be no different from using a gas range. The “boils much quicker” part might mean you need another minute or two for your “let it sit” time. Do you like an occasional medium-boiled egg? I would experiment with adding a minute or two to the sit time for one egg at a time, until you get the right hardness. In the meantime, you can enjoy a medium egg snack, or at least have a snack for the dog. (Disclaimer - I don’t have dogs. Do they like eggs? Is it dangerous to feed them partially cooked eggs?) At least maybe you can finish cooking the failed experiments in a frying pan and chop up for egg salad? Or google it. I didn’t do that; didn’t want to spoil the fun of speculating.

1 Like

My daughter just was stunned to find out that one of her co workers buys hard boiled eggs because she doesn’t know how to cook them. I didn’t even know that the stores sold themm.

The Dash is great! I love that thing!
If you need A LOT of eggs then the instant pot is good.

4 Likes

I know the egg cooker veer off since we did that years ago but the Dash egg cooker is the best little device since sliced bread. I used to do as you did–boil and turn off but easy perfect eggs with hardly any clean up is too great not to mention.

1 Like

LOL, the # of posts on the Dash egg cooker on a past thread DEFINITELY must make it a miracle product! That and the foot pedicure/dry skin thing!!! :laughing:

I hard boiled eggs at my inlaws - I just set the temperature to medium and then turned it down to low (like on a gas range). I like my hard boiled eggs very set so I simmer them for 12 minutes (inclusive of the time it takes to get to a boil). For induction, I may shave off a minute or two.

sort of changing subjects here - but didnt want to start a new thread -

i’ve been reading the threads here lately about an international student who is finding financial aid - grant-based -is really hard to find for internationals. Very few full meets-needs schools out for international kids.

I"m curious on why it is that way?

Talking about the Dash egg cooker…

Somehow, during the six months that I have owned the egg machine, it has become a crucial part of my imaginative life, a shortcut for turning my apartment, for a brief moment each morning, into a hotel of the mind. I am not alone in this. Everyone I know who has an egg machine passes the good word along to the uninitiated, sounding almost suspicious in their enthusiasm.

2 Likes

I assume it is because the schools are already tight on aid money… and maybe there are a lot of full-pay international students who can help bolster finances. That does of course mean less economic diversity for international students. I wonder if there are private scholarship foundations that help on that.

Some of the funds used for supporting are from donations which may have specific “strings” or conditions on how funds may be used. Some of the money is from the federal government who also has conditions in how funds will be awarded.

2 Likes

Not a question really, but is this not the essence of CC?!

18 Likes

OMG, that’s perfect!

Anybody here have air duct cleaning done? How much should it cost?

We paid around 200 a year ago with a coupon. But we also didn’t need to clean our dryer vents or any other extra items.
The estimates ranged from 150-600.

Thanks. The estimate we got was really high. I’ll keep looking.

Can someone steer me to how to post/add to previously posted emojis here? Somehow I forgot how and can’t figure it out. I feel like a very stupid old mom.

I’m not :100: % sure what you mean? Click the little smile button to see the emoji choices then type in what type you want or see it in the emoji icons and tap it- it should appear on the post you started from

Also if someone posted a heart and you want to also “heart” thst post just tap the heart that someone else already posted

Thanks! I don’t know why it seemed so hard!