Regents

<p>Does it ever happen that a person is invited to apply for the regents scholarship, and then isn’t admitted to that UC?
I got a UC Berkeley invite to apply for regents a couple months ago, and I’m just curious. Didn’t apply.
I do know it says this at the bottom of the invitation,</p>

<p>“Please note that this email message does not in any way reflect your admission status. The alumni scholarship process is completely separate from the UC Berkeley admission selection process. You are no more or less likely to be admitted to UC Berkeley because you have received this invitation and your decision to apply or not for Alumni Scholarships will not affect your admissions status.”</p>

<p>But I’m still curious, has anyone been invited then rejected?</p>

<p>All the students who showed up at the Berkeley Regents interviews were congratulated on getting in. An invitation from Berkeley implies you are accepted, but there maybe additional screening between the invitation and interview.</p>

<p>UCLA doesn’t always accept everyone who is invited to apply for Regents.</p>

<p>Thank you for a third time Ms Sun! :slight_smile:
I’ll just hold my breath for a few more days then.</p>

<p>Answered my own question. I was accepted to apply to regents at Cal, but then rejected. :frowning: I like UCSD better anyway. <em>sniff</em></p>