Regular Decision 2019 - Bard College

Hey guys,

Does anyone know when regular decision letters are coming out?

Hey, did you ever find out? I’m freaking out and no one is being active with Bard

My daughter heard from Bard Berlin this morning, if that helps. Don’t know if they are on the same schedule or not, as far as decision dates.

We are waiting also!

no, should I call them??

I hope so!

My D is waiting to hear. Applied RD in December.

Freaking out a bit here. Waitlisted at two, really hoping Bard is a Yes. Has anyone heard anything?

I got innnnnnn so pumped but fin aid could be better

Accepted! But same as @erlync , fin aid could’ve been better.

In here too! Fin aid leaves a gap but it’s at least possible. Big relief. A good fit!

I got in!!! @MalboroMom my finaid is at least doable as well

Congratulations! We can breathe now!

@MarlboroMom, we didn’t apply to Bard NY but did to Bard Berlin (daughter is a dual citizen with Germany) and got in. No word on aid yet though so probably a moot point.

1 Like

DD accepted, but that price tag though…

@4sugarplums have you heard about fin aid yet? How were your other results? We had 3 acceptances 3 rejections and 2 waitlisted. We are done and glad that’s over, now to pick up pieces and figure out what’s next and best. Hope you are in a good place now. Maybe our kids will land at Bard together!

@MarlboroMom, we overshot and it didn’t go well…two acceptances, two waitlists and six rejections, awaiting two stragglers but not expecting anything there. So, we are in a terrible place, actually. End of March and nowhere to go, basically, which we never expected. She likes her safety but with 20 grand short in aid, it’s not a real possibility. We are awaiting Bard Berlin aid package this week…she’s a dual citizen with Germany so she didn’t apply to regular Bard, but Bard Berlin so that’s where she would be. Where were your acceptances and WLs and rejections? (Our best case scenario would be off waitlist as she loves those two schools but we know the chances are infinitesimal not just getting off, but getting off with aid :frowning: )

@4sugarplums we were accepted at AMDA (a NYC/LA conservatory or BFA, Ds top choice), a safety Mass College Liberal Arts, and Bard. Waitlisted at Skidmore and Sarah Lawrence. Rejected from Smith, Mt Holyoke, Wesleyan. D really had (and showed) no interest in any but AMDA, well some at Bard, which we did visit. I think if she’d had interest in some of the others she’d have gotten in. AND if we’d known about the VAST difference in acceptance rates for ED apps it would have gone differently. I had no idea what a game it all is. That said, we’ll regroup and think about all options, getting more $ for AMDA, accepting Bard, taking a year off and starting over with much hard gained knowledge, contacting SL and Skidmore and showing some real interest…She is performing this weekend and next and then we’ll have more time and energy. We will attend Bard accepted students day. I must have confused Bard’s Begin in Berlin program with the whole program in Berlin. Our financial aid at Bard left us 9500. to come up with (after Ds 5500 loans and a work Study). So, her summer earnings, possible local scholarships, and extra jobs for me and husband…I think it’s possible. I think a deep breath and a big step back is what we need! All will be well.

@MarlboroMom we were also waitlisted at SL, which my daughter would have loved. Also rejected at Smith, along with Scripps and Oberlin and Barnard, her other top choices along with Mt Holyoke, where she is waitlisted. I also had ZERO clue with a game it is…what with her dad being an immigrant, me not having gone, homeschooled so zero guidance and her being in Africa from August - December with little to no internet so not able to apply ED. IF I had had an inkling about ED, I would have encouraged that so her chances would have been much greater. I also didn’t realize how little chance she really had or I would have encouraged MANY more safeties and certainly an in state school or at least one public university. Boy, I was so STUPID. We are from a very small town and heard so often how every college is gonna kill to have this smart, very liberal, political, first generation homeschool kid from MS at their elite school. I still can’t get over how foolish I was and will never forgive myself for not knowing how to guide her better because she is paying the price. But we, like you, are regrouping and having to start anew. Her safety is a lovely place and seem to really want her ($26,000/yr scholarship) but still 20 grand short which just is not possible and I don’t see a workaround. And we have no access to local scholarships because of our homeschool status. A dear friend just sent me the Frank Bruni book “Where You Go is Not Who You’ll Be” this weekend and man it’s an eye opener. I should have read it first!!

@MarlboroMom , oh and to add to your comment which I forgot…D DID show interest in Smith and Oberlin. We of course didn’t travel hundreds and hundreds of miles to interview but did do an alumni interview with both and went very well (Oberlin guy sent us a copy of his rec and it was beautiful) and we didn’t even get a waitlist out of it so don’t beat yourself up about not showing interest, doesn’t really seem to help :confused: