Regular Decision 2021 Discussion/Results Thread

UVa engineering kid didn’t want to apply to VT engineering. Loved UVa engineering. Different strokes! :slight_smile:

@vacollegemom4 Congrats on son’s acceptance to JMU. I had one son choose and graduate from VT for Engineering (4th generation legacy) and one son picked JMU over VT and is currently a Junior there and LOVES it (rebel…hahaha). If you have any specific questions I could help with, just holler.

@bboop42 Thank you! What is your son’s major at JMU? I hear so many great things about students loving it there and at Tech too. :smiley: We’re so fortunate in Virginia to have such good schools!

@vacollegemom4 He is majoring in Geology (Concentration in Environmental & Engineering). Started at JMU in Biology though. He is headed to Ireland for his 6 week Field Studies course this summer. If only we had such opportunities. Yes we are very lucky in VA to have great choice for all budgets and abilities. :slight_smile:

Taking a left turn here, but does anyone know when VT pulls senior year grades? S hopes to get good news today about acceptance, but given that his history grade has slipped to a D recently, I have… concerns. thanks!

@shermizzle - They wouldn’t have asked for anything beyond his mid year report for acceptance.

Decision posted, DS was wait listed. UGH!! @SCLADY12 @lopeztlo7 Good luck everyone!

Was deferred in December and denied today. Wish they had just told me then.

where can I find the decision?

I got waitlisted. Does anyone know how hard it is now for me to get into architecture???

Son was accepted today, OOS, 25 ACT (Va Tech seems to focus on English and Math, as they list those on his summary page, which were 27 and 25), 3.2 GPA, 4 APs, very good ECs. Nutrition and Exercise major. Being full pay may have helped. Good luck to all.

Son (VA resident, 33 ACT, 3.5 GPA) was waitlisted. Applied for Business. Oh well!

Daughter, In State, 27 ACT, 7 APs, 3.74 weighted GPA, wait listed. Applied undecided then switched to Business. Accepted earlier this week to JMU. At least she can focus on being excited for JMU. Congrats to those who got in. For those who didn’t, try to focus on where you did get in and find the positives and try to get excited. I went to my 5th choice school and couldn’t have been happier.

Denied at Engineering. In-state. 36 ACT, 800 Math 2. 4.2 with 9 APs taken. Shocked to say the least

@AspiringScho1ar I’m really surprised too. You might be “too good” for Tech. Like you’re way above average.

@AspiringScho1ar I am shocked too. It doesn’t seem possible with your stats that that outcome was even possible. I know you (or SD or DD) must have some really great options aside from VT. They missed out on a great student!

Trying to help my younger brother view his decision-- it doesn’t seem to have been updated? Where are you guys able to see your decision? I logged into the guest account and it still only shows the date they got his transcript/ACT scores

Waitlisted with 3.6, 1300 SAT, some clubs, Eagle Scout, and imo some damn good essays. I applied to the Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise major. From NoVa. Tech’s my top choice. Hoping they have spots to give out this year.

@RejectedDysonAEM go to http://www.admiss.vt.edu/apply/check-application-status/ then go to the bottom of the page. Log in with the details that were emailed to you, choose application information, then click on fall 2017. If accepted it will say “Offered Admission” in bold maroon letters.

@RejectedDysonAEM If he sees nothing then it is probable he did not complete his application on time. If you still see nothing I would contact the admissions office.