Regular Decision 2021 Discussion/Results Thread

Didn’t see any other major regular decision 2021 discussion thread so decided to start one to talk about notification dates/majors. Good luck to all!

My son applied to engineering. Waiting to hear. Last year students who go into their first choice were notified on February 20th.

I heard decisions for Class of 2021 RD were coming out on February 20th or March 17th! They sent an email last night (2/13/17) :slight_smile: I’m worried about the March date, I feel like that’s mainly for rejections. Can anyone clarify?

my son did not get that email. Wonder why?

has he gotten emails before? did he check his spam folder? pretty sure this email doesn’t have a hidden meaning.

Mine didn’t get that email either. We did not apply to engineering - did you @eaglemom2014? Maybe it depends what school you are applying for? @krispkreme88 are you an engineering applicant?

My D got that email and she applied to Business…

My son got the email, applied as undecided college of liberal arts. The email doesn’t seem like it is tailored in any way. Seems to be a mass emailing from admissions.

Does Virginia tech use a 5.0 scaled for admissions because a lot of people are posting their gpa around 4.4. Also on there website they said they used a 5.0 scale in 2004 but I don’t know if they still continue it. Thank you for your help

My son did actually get this - of course he had not checked his spam folder… Good luck to all who a re hoping for good news on Monday! I hope it is not dragged out til March!

My son did get the email. he failed to tell me… Waiting impatiently for monday!

You might want to check your application status to see when they received your test scores and transcript. I think if they don’t have anything pending you may receive a decision on February 20, 2017.

Did anyone else receive the financial aid email:
Thank you for your interest in Villanova University. We have received your application for financial assistance. However important information is needed to continue processing your application.

In order to view the outstanding requirements, please log into your Applicant Status Page and review the Financial Aid Checklist.

Please note that failure to submit the necessary documents will affect the status of your financial aid award.
If you have any questions, or if you are not interested in receiving any need based financial aid for this academic year, please contac the office of Financial Assistance.

Is this possibly a good sign??

Villanova?

@lopeztlo7 It’s me again!!! I believe our kids have applied to all of the same schools!! My daughter applied her as a stretch :slight_smile: Not holding my breath on this one!

@SCLADY12 VT is a state school for us so hopefully a little easier. My daughter is a legacy here and at UVA, but UVA is really difficult to get into. My S applied there in 2014 with a 34 ACT and a 4.4 GPA, tons of leadership and extracurricular and was deferred then rejected. He is at Wake Forest now and so happy. It would be fun if our D’s ended up at the same school and we could really meet:)

@lopeztlo7 UVA is tough!! Va Tech has a really good business program. We recruit a lot of good business grads for the corporation that I work for. Smart, prepared, and hard working.

@lopeztlo7 It would be fun if they ended up at the same place.

Wake Forest is an awesome school as well!

@SCLADY12 Just noticed you are on this board too! DS applied to VT as well and are hoping to hear on Monday. We are instate to hoping that helps. Fingers crossed for you as well!

@SCLADY12 @sbgal2011 good luck to your kids on Monday! My D is instate for VT too!!