Residency comes next

You go, Kristin!! That boy better get with the program. lol So happy for all of y’all. The goats are dancing.

Medical Training Certificate that they have fill starts with “Dear Doctor:”
I got to get used to my D. being addressed as “Doctor”. Just printed the huge thing that she needs to fill. She is coming home today, yey!!

Congratulations to all – such great news! Wishing you all the best!

WayOutWestMom – What a great thought – happy for her. You’ll have to visit often.

As you/yours begin residency, D will complete hers. She’s excited to begin a wonderful career. Her residency trained her well, she had great offers, and she is ready.

Congrats to your D., hrnr19!

WE ARE ENGAGED! He re-created our first date (2 years ago) in a fun romantic way–starting with flowers awaiting me at the same table at the same restaurant where we ordered the same tasty things, followed by a comedy show with the same (excellent/popular) stand-up comedian we saw then (even at the same venue!), where we were invited on stage toward the end of the show. He told a funny joke from the previous show (now one of our inside jokes), said so many sweet and heartfelt things, then got down on bended knee and asked me to marry him. The crowd went wild and I got lots of hugs from random strangers! Our parents and siblings were secretly watching from the back of the venue, and we all celebrated afterward with champagne and cupcakes. It was an absolutely perfect day and evening! No detail was missed. I still don’t know how he pulled it all off, but I am so happy that he did. We have had so much fun celebrating with our friends and family all weekend!

March 2015–how will we ever top it!

Congratulations, kristin!

Sounds like a wonderful night. So very happy for you.

BIG CONGRATS Kristin! You’ll remember this March forever!! My very best wishes to you!!

Kat

Congratulations, Kristin! So much happy news for you and your fiancé. Wishing you lots of happiness!

Congratulations Kristin!

Congrats Kristin!!! Best wishes to both of you.

Thank you thank you! We are so very excited. I’m sure planning a wedding will be a fun addition to the chaos of intern year…lol.

Congrats, Kristin! Great news!

That is awesome, Kristin! Congrats and have fun wedding planning! Pinterest is your friend…

Congrats Kristin!! What an awesome month! I am drinking a beer now with some buds while I type this, and we all raise our bottles to you!!.. Best wishes!!

Thanks all! It has been a fun week. And now we’re house shopping–the adventure continues!

Congrats Kristin!

kristin, M.D., BIG CONGRATS!

@mcat2 - aren’t you going to ask Kristin how to get your son engaged?

@texaspg, We are very powerless in influencing them in any way. I heard that there is a chance that he will soon be “interviewed” by her parents, in about 1.5 month. Also, the upcoming long distance relationship could be a challenge as well. (if 2 hours and 15 minutes of driving distance is considered as a long distance.) This year is his GF’s match year, but the next year will be my son’s.

So she is moving somewhere 2 hours away?