Rhodes College ED

Hi, I was wondering how the admissions and scholarships were looking this year for Rhodes College and the early decision applicants. Anyone interested in sharing? My daughter is early action, so we will not hear until next month. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi there! I just got into Rhodes through ED 2. I got a 12K scholarship with mine, some financial aid, and a work-study job. Though I am appealing for more, depending on the student’s stats, their scholarships range from 12,000- 40,0000. I feel like on the other threads I have read, some have got 27-30K scholarships. I did have a very low GPA; however, I am taking all IB classes if this helps.

I hope all the best to you and your daughter!!

1 Like

Will EA decision be out on 15th January?

1 Like

EA result received Jan 13. Dd was accepted! 22k scholarship plus 17.5k grant.

4 Likes

Decisions came out late Friday evening. Son got in, $31k scholarship! Recruited athlete, 4.2w gpa, very good ec and great recommendations. Roll Lynx!

3 Likes

S23 checked on Friday and said he was deferred to RD because there was an issue with an LOR. Saturday I got a text that his decision was available. He checked again and was accepted with a $31K/year scholarship!

5 Likes

D23 also got in EA. $35K scholarship. One of the few schools we applied to that we haven’t visited yet.

3 Likes

We haven’t visited yet either. Going at the end of the month!

Happy kiddo here too! Accepted EA with $33k scholarship. We visited last spring break and she really liked it - they do a very nice job with the visit/tour.

1 Like

I got waitlisted. Welp!

They seem to have been very generous with the ones who were accepted. I was definitely surprised at how much my daughter received. I had no idea they typically gave so much. Pleasantly surprised!