Rice Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Rice Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 4

6 Likes

Did everyone get a Rice email re externships?

2 Likes

yes received

1 Like

yep

1 Like

Yes. It momentarily got DD’s hopes up, but between classmates, here, and Reddit, it seems like perhaps this was just another standard college email.

1 Like

And I (the parent) got one for health and well being: Rice’s top priorities… Why!!!

2 Likes

My husband and I also got the same health email. It might be another standard college email that goes out to everyone who applied. We were wondering the same thing @siranthaolivellam

5 Likes

Such a stressful period, each and every mail makes us jumps up and down. Can’t wait for May 1st :slight_smile: Good luck to you all!!

4 Likes

I’m glad you’re posting about this, because I as a parent did not receive the health email, and my daughter the applicant did not receive any promo emails from Rice. She applied ED and was deferred. Anyone who was deferred receive these emails?

2 Likes

We also got the health email, but I’m trying not to read anything into it because wouldn’t this be too early for our DCs to have made the cut?

2 Likes

Yes, it is definitely too early to infer anything. We are also trying not to read into this too much. We will have to wait patiently until March and hope for the best. Good luck to everyone else!

3 Likes

These mass emails mean nothing but hard not to get excited.

1 Like

DD said she got another one today. I guess they just do that to keep Rice top-of-mind until decisions are out, but none of DD’s other pending colleges are doing this (in her case, anyway).

Rice is her top choice, but I keep reminding DD that odds of admission are very low.

GUYS; I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM.
I am an international student, and I demonstrated a lot of interest in Rice (I love them). I interviewed also. However, I realized I did not send the box until today. Do you think they will still consider my application? I wrote an email explaining that I was sure I had submitted it, but I mistakenly left the picture in my draft folder. The weird thing is, my checklist on my Rice portal was complete during the whole month of January… Is the box NOT mandatory?

I think it was optional.

1 Like

I recently applied to Rice RD, and had a question on application updates. Since January I was able to get a research paper published in a peer reviewed journal, something I would love for Rice to know. I am aware that most decisions start being made around mid February (when mid-year reports are due) and I was wondering if there was any way I could send a mid-year report? Most colleges I applied to had an explicit place for adding application updates but I don’t see anything for Rice (and I obviously don’t want to send an update if they don’t accept them). I couldn’t find a lot of information regarding this topic on google (only info I could find was for applicants who applied early and got deferred). Does anyone know?

1 Like

the box isnt optional.

you can email " riceapps@rice.edu" for such update. Usually, the admission officer will reply and confirm receipt of such update

Anyone got email about research? Today

2 Likes

yep. its prolly general send