Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship

My friend applied regular decision to UM and received an email… She was selected to interview. I applied EA, and was accepted. I haven’t heard anything yet though.

I got the email!! Yes!!!

Congrats to all you guys. Sadly, I have yet to receive an email LOL

Do you think its a bad sign if I haven’t gotten an email yet?

And congrats to everyone who has!

@blackwedges2015‌ not at all

They specifically stated that they will email you if you did or didnt move on to the next process of the scholarship which is the interview

Did anyone who got the interview also get a presidential scholarship?

@dontdodrugs‌ I think those are two separate scholarships. So each process of getting those individual scholarships is different.

Ok I didn’t know if they sent the invitations first or something but thanks

@dontdodrugs‌ I know that if you end up getting the Ronald scholarship they will take away the presidential scholarship. You can’t get both.

@blackwedges2015‌ Let me know if you get a notification email by tonight

I will @AwesomGuy‌ You haven’t gotten an email right?

@blackwedges2015‌ nope not yet

I got the email and I got a presidential scholarship as well. My question is…if I get the Ronald Hammond, will they give my presidential scholarship money to someone else or just take it back and not give it away? I think it should be given to someone else who deserves it.

Most likely either taken back, or given to people who got accepted through RD or the waitlist. I dont think it is given to the people in the same admission people as you, which is EA/ED.

I got the Harambee Weekend and not the Ronald A Hammond scholarship letter. Does that mean I am not a finalist? Or are there people out there who got both the Harambee and Hammond letter? :frowning:

What is Harambee weekend. Is that the name of the scholarship mixer? Yea sorry @CaliCash‌ I have no idea what that is.

This weekend is for accepted African American students to visit the campus. Dont worry I havent gotten an email about the Hammond scholarship either

Same here @calicash only an email about the weekend, not the scholarship :frowning: