Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship

<p>Has anyone else applied for this scholarship?
I applied RD to the school and got an email notification about this scholarship, so I filled it out (It never said anything about a teacher recommendation, but supposedly you need one?)
Here are my stats, so If anyone could predict if I will AT LEAST get an interview opportunity or not:
ACT Composite: 30 (Superscore 32)
SAT Composite (Math + CR): 1350
GPA (Idk if they look at this): 3.7/4.0 (unweighted), 4.1 weighted
Also I am OOS, so will that hurt my chances in any way?
Any comments would be much appreciated, and good luck to all applicants to the school and for this scholarship</p>

71 views and no replies ahahahaha

My DD applied to the Hammond scholarship but she’s not a CC user. Miami is at the top of her list and she will not be able to attend without the scholarship. She has to get accepted first. I will send you a PM if she receives any information.

Good Luck!

@AwesomGuy‌ my son applied RD and has almost the same stats as you (same GPAs, slightly higher SATs). We have not gotten any notifications, haven’t even heard back about an audition (he applied to Music Business in Frost). Just curious, where are you from and do you have any “hooks” which may have led you to be considered for the scholarship (amazing ECs, minority status, first to college, etc.)? Just trying to figure out if my son has a shot, b/c we were supposed to hear by now on the audition callback (I would be very surprised if he couldn’t advance based on his pre-screen material). We are from CA.

Thank you @4CookieMonster that would be greatly appreciated and @Cameron121 I am from Indiana and have loads of ECs (honestly if I didn’t have that many I could have had a higher GPA), but the scholarship committee doesn’t really know about your EC’s until you fill out the scholarship application. They base their invitation off of your common application and sent test scores. Also I live in a single household and a low-income environment, so I don’t know if that factors in as well. I dont know, but maybe they are still in the process of reviewing your son’s art supplement.

The scholarship application was due today for anyone interested LOL

Yo has anyone gotten word on getting the nod for the interview? Replies would be of much appreciation

Sup nuggah. I also applied and I have not received any word (3.7 GPA, 2070 SAT, 1360 M+CR, good EC and great recs, OOS, blacktino).

@aayala96‌ I emailed the person in charge of this scholarship and said that after the January 15th deadline, I should hear back 2-3 weeks afterwards, so tomorrow would be 3 weeks and I am hoping that I get a word from them.

I’m really nervous because I submitted my application a day after the deadline(didn’t know you had to apply), but I called and she said my application was good to go. I still feel like that’s gonna mess me up. Hopefully we hear within the week. UM is an amazing place to be

@HolmesOG You should hopefully hear from them soon, if I dont get a notification by tomorrow I am emailing them again

To all applicants, we will find out mid-February if we moved on to the scholarship process

Interview process*

Applicants should know if they got selected for the interview next week, at least that’s what the scholarship coordinator said.

Yay thank you! I can’t wait. I’m so friggin excited. @AwesomGuy‌

@CaliCash‌ Some news I thought you should see

this is nerve wracking

@haitiesh @passionforUMiami are you guys EA applicants to the school or RD? I am a regular decision applicant

Hi @AwesomGuy‌ I applied EA and got accepted. Now I’m just waiting for this email. Hopefully we all get interviews and might be able to see one another.

@PassionforUMiami Thanks for the mention. So excited! Good luck to all