Rose-Hulman EA Class of 2026 Decisions

Congrats to your son. We got 10K, but hubby was hoping for more. Rose is my son’s first choice, so I think we can make it work, but college is crazy expensive.

1 Like

It’s mine’s first choice too, but it’s barely doable at this point. Especially against U of Alabama for virtually free.

We have the same discussion. It is hard to walk away from Alabama NMF’s scholarship. Has your son toured Alabama? My son is going in a few weeks.

He has, but it was when kids were not on campus, so not the greatest really. I think we should go back and hit some other areas and maybe talk to some other NMF engineer students.

1 Like

I believe this $10000 is to add to the scholarship rewarded already. Right?

That is my understanding.

That’s what I wrote down too.

Is anyone going to the reception for Noblitt scholars? At first it sounded like we’d make the trip, but it looks like it’s just a short event on a Friday night. I think we will skip as it’s a lot of driving for a couple of hours. But I wonder if I’m missing more information about it.

We flew out and toured last week, so we won’t be able to go back. I am not sure I would go just for the reception unless I lived closed by or was combining it with a tour.

1 Like

He went to camp for 2 weeks last summer, so does not need a visit. It’s 6 hours, so doable if it was a big event, but not just for 2 hours!

A late add, but putting this here for future reference:

Yesterday D22 was offered a spot off the RHIT waitlist, with a decent FA/Merit package:
$9,600 FA offer + $20,000 merit scholarship

Her stats are: IL resident / 3.5us/4.5w / 1410 SAT / 31 ACT
CS Major
Decent CS-related ECs, Viola player, moderate volunteering

She really like RHIT when we did a tour last summer. Socially, it’s a great fit for a kid like her. I wouldn’t worry about her finding her people there at all. Given the school’s gender ratio, I would have thought she’d be admitted during the EA round, and it was disappointing that they waitlisted her. Their $$ offers put them close to her price point, and had they accepted her initially with this I think she would have seriously considered it. As it stands, she’s firmly committed to IU and is excited about what is ahead for her there.

3 Likes

I am curious, how much time did rhit give her to accept their offer?

Only 3 days!

2 Likes