Rose-Hulman EA Class of 2026 Decisions

I’ve seen that feature here. It catches my attention, I click on it. Then you have to do a sign-up process, and I abandon it (already have a CC account). Also, what are the 4 data points? If you want to pass the time with acceptance prediction algorithms, check out Coll-ge Vin-. Not sure CC likes promoting that site, so replaced some e’s with -. It does also have a sign-up flow.

The countdown to Dec 15 is going to be painful. I better do something productive - like work on these long overdue assignments :wink:

1 Like

Waiting here too. He also went to Catapault. I really don’t know why they don’t open the bookstore on campus when the parents are there! Even just for a couple hours after the end of the presentation would make sense. We bought t-shirts at the local Meijer. On sale even.

I’m glad S22 isn’t here to see that CC predicts 30% chance of acceptance! I don’t know what the 4 points are either. I don’t want to pay to find out.

1 Like

He applied via Common App. He received a single email that just says: “Your Early Action application is complete and ready to be reviewed by our admissions committee. You will receive your decision on or before December 15. Please let us know if you have any questions.” I’ll just assume that he’ll get another email once decisions are released. I just wish we had something to refresh. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That Rose-Hulman acceptance probability is worthless, as far as I can tell. No idea where they draw the 4 data points from. We all see something saying 4/12 points, and a probability less than their typical acceptance rate. Just another 1 out of 100 points of stress, really.

Monday morning portal check…nothing.

1 Like

See if you can find an email from Rose-Hulman titled, “Your Next Step - Setting Up Your Rose-Hulman Applicant Portal”. That email came in the day after S22 submitted to Rose via the Common App.

1 Like

Does anyone think that decisions are coming out today?

Difficult to assess. In prior years, when the decisions were posted by Dec. 10, mid-morning seemed to be the timing. I’m guessing that based on timestamps of posts here! We’re at that point today.

But really cannot know with any certainty.

My bet is tomorrow afternoon. I really despise the wait…

“A watched portal never updates.”

4 Likes

It’s nice how some schools release a specific day and time…. like MIT 3:14 pm. It takes some of the anxiety away! Maybe RHIT is coming down to the wire. I’m fully expecting decisions to come out late on 12/15 and will be happily surprised if otherwise!

1 Like

Thinking about that student’s post from last week on Reddit. Rose must have seen a big surge in Early Action applications this year. Working through them obviously taking some time.

1 Like

The admissions counselor I met with this summer said they had at least two people look over each application twice. Every student is evaluated holistically by those people. I can imagine that does take time. Personally, if I step back and think about it, I am grateful that they are committed to such a personalized approach to admissions. So I guess if it takes longer, so be it. But within 48 hours we should know something regardless.

2 Likes

I wish I knew how they calculated it, but I am not worried. I think he has a much better than 30% chance of getting in.

3 Likes

I was really surprised to see 30% chance also! My husband and I are both Rose alums and our daughter has way better stats than we both did :laughing:
Hanging in there…one more day…

3 Likes

The CC AI predictor tool is in beta so I think it can be ignored. It was trashed by the community for its results. It predicts low probabilities for known safeties and high probabilities for reaches. It’s all over the place.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/announcing-the-beta-of-our-new-ai-driven-college-chance-calculator/3582187/12

3 Likes

Do they send a notification email when decisions become available? Currently, I am checking the portal every hour, on the hour.

1 Like

Emails are sent out, although I’m not sure how that timing works vis-a-vis the portal being updated. Source - this post from last year:

6 Likes

So far, nothing happened. It seems it will be tomorrow. What time of the day does RHIT usually release their decision?

3 Likes

Just saw an email pop up from RH and my heart stopped for a sec. Turns out its just an ad touring their 99% placement rate.

1 Like