Rutgers Pharmacy Transfer

I am currently attending Rutgers and plan on going to pharmacy school soon. I am trying to finish my Prerequisites and I took General biology 1 and got a D. I retook the class again this fall and I got a D again. I cannot take the class again for the third time because Rutgers will not allow it. Rutgers has a grade replacement policy that if a student gets a D or F and takes the class again the grade of D or F will be removed from the transcript and the new grade will be added. Will this grade affect my chances of being accepted to any pharmacy school? Is it possible if I can take the General Biology sequence in a community college so pharmacy schools can accept me? Please help anyone…

I believe you have to report all previous classes taken and grades received in PharmCAS when applying to pharmacy school, and they all figure into GPA.

https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2013/faq/pcas_gpas.shtml

With a D in Bio 1 though, are you sure that pharmacy is the right path for you?

Usually a C or better is required in prerequisite courses.

The other prerequisite classes, Bio 2, Chem 1 and 2 and Ochem 1 and 2 are more difficult still, not to mention the pharmacy school curriculum.

1 Like

I still believe I can do Pharmacy. I will be honest here. The reason that I did bad in biology is because of personal family problems which impacted my study time because I am a commuter and I do not dorm. As of now, my family circumstances is better from the start of the fall semester and hopefully I can concentrate on my classes for the next semester and on. Should I get a bachelors degree and take the biology sequence in a community college?

I don’t know. You will need to see if prospective pharmacy schools (Rutgers) will accept prerequisites taken at community college.

1 Like