San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

My D is a freshman in WHC this year. It’s still super early, ppl are just now committing to SDSU.
The fact that she’s in WHC narrows down the match process. Have her highlight that OR JUST GO the old fashioned way, and let the schools matching process do it’s magic.
It seems that is more successful. So many ppl on the parent FB page, swear it’s the way to go.

2 Likes

Does your daughter like it? Mine just turned down UCD, UCI, UCSC, UCR and Cal Poly SLO in favor of SDSU WHC. I hope she won’t regret it. We are coming from FL too.

1 Like

She’s loves it! She turned down a similar list including UCSB.
She wanted a lifestyle along with university ~ a city, concerts, beach, BASKETBALL~ go Aztecs!
She’s taken two of the honors classes , which she says aren’t difficult but are intimate and very interesting.
Zura dorm is nice, but she ended up :arrow_up: n a quad, which has had some personality challenges. But she’s great, it’s been a good learning to live with other’s experience.
She’s super excited to move into an apartment next year with true buddies, planning a summer abroad… it’s all good. I’m happy to answer any questions if you want to DM me.
Congratulations to your Aztec…:heart::black_heart::heart::black_heart:

2 Likes

Oh I’m sorry this happened. The worse part of SDSU is their web interface.

Turn off pop up blockers and don’t use Safari, to do any of the .mySDSU payments. Use Chrome, sign into your students’ account to make payments.

I am on chrome and as far as I’m concerned I don’t have any pop up blockers. Thank you for letting me know, I’ll be extra careful when putting down the housing payment. I hope all goes well with your daughter, I hope to see her there!

Has anyone who applied to the Honors College March 30th heard back yet?

Yes, my son applied to the Honors College on the DUE DATE and he heard back shortly after. It was past their printed deadline, but saw an email? or on the website? a different due date, so he tried anyway. It was actually quite confusing as to why they’d have two different advertised deadlines. Oh, I almost forgot, my son NEVER saw the email because it was from Stacy Sinclair (not SDSU or WHC) - I happened to check his email and saw it there myself! Best wishes to your child!

So we did the SIR for SDSU. In mySDSU, the task tab shows 2 items as To do. When you click on the tile, it says

Intent Deposit Paid - No Due Date - Status: completed
Final HS transcript - Due July 15 - Status: Initiated

Completed the housing deposit as well on a separate housing portal.

Do others see the same? I guess for May 1 everything is done?

Hello! Long story short, I submitted a form to MSJC to send their transcripts to SDSU (took dual enrollment classes from MSJC as a high schooler) and sent AP Scores via AP Collegeboard just this morning. And yes, it says on my tasks page that Partial College Transcripts and AP test scores prior to senior year is due may 1st at 11:59pm. It takes days to process both files. Although, these files are already in the process of being sent to SDSU. Would they still accept them? It’s too late now, isn’t it?

I sent mine a week before the deadline (also partial college transcript) and it still says initiated. I believe it’s fine since it says 4-6 weeks processing time.

Thank you! I’ve never seen this table.

1 Like