and perhaps 50% for transfers. We will also employ a waitlist this year
● MULTI-FACTORED ADMISSION: Due to not requiring test scores, we
no longer use an Eligibility Index per se. Instead, as an impacted
campus, admission is based on many factors. Weighted GPA is the
largest factor, but we also consider amount of A-G courses above and
beyond the minimum, preparation towards intended major (courses and
GPA), first-gen, and local status

8 Likes

I love the transparency—thanks for sharing that.

2 Likes

How does SDSU decide on Aztec scholarships for incoming undergrad students? Seems like from the portal that you need to confirm SIR to be considered.

1 Like

SDSU offers very few merit scholarships automatically for in-coming Freshman. The rest of the scholarships are for admitted students that enroll/SIR first before given access to the Aztec scholarships.

Below are the automatic merit scholarships: Recruitment/Merit Scholarships | Student Affairs and Campus Diversity | SDSU

3 Likes

Still waiting on financial aid- has anyone else gotten info?

I just saw that financial aid info is now available in my.SDSU.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I just thought I would add for future reference that this is exactly what happened with us! I think it was literally the same day this was posted (March 30) my daughter finally got an acceptance in the portal. A full week or so after other acceptance/rejection/wait lists and two weeks after the first roll out. We are OOS and she is a hospitality major - I’m guessing she barely squeaked in. Over the moon at her acceptance!

2 Likes

Hi all! My application portal hasn’t updated at all. I only have the offer, profile, and tasks showing up. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Have you made your deposit and accepted intent to enroll? If so I would contact admissions on Monday.
Make sure you do all the items on the intent to enroll list by May 1st. Last year many did not and they were unenrolled. Sign and pay the housing contract…

Congratulations to your daughter! We thought the same thing that she was borderline and that admissions was waiting to release a decision. It was a pleasant surprise. She’s in her 2nd year and loving SDSU and is thriving both academically and socially. Good luck to your daughter. Lots of OOS kids!

1 Like

I accepted my intent to enroll but I haven’t paid anything. I’m just confused because I have some friends who haven’t even accepted their offer but their portal looks entirely different to mine…

Call the admissions office as soon as they open at 9am tomorrow and you should get an advisor who can review with you.

Question regarding Housing Options.
Which housing is for RLC or LLC for freshman students?

Are there any RLCs or LLCs for Computer Science majors and is there a requirement to have registered for specific classes? (There is METS LLC that lists POL 102 course). Can CS major request the Aztec engineering RLC?

1 Like

My OS daughter just attended an admitted students day and is going to commit tomorrow. She is in the speech language and hearing sciences major/ CHHS honors. She will be living in Zura and is looking to connect with potential roommates. IG has been incredibly unsuccessfull. Any other ideas?

At the admitted students day, was there any suggestions from the Honors college to help find roommates? No central contact for Honors college students?

There are no specific Learning communities for CS but METS would come the closest to your interests. You are encouraged to sign up for the classes listed for the LLC/RLC. When my son attended, it was required. He had METS and the Engineering RLC listed as some of his choices (CS major) but was placed in Emerging Leaders instead. The courses were actually very helpful and counted towards the GE requirements.

1 Like

No, they just said to go to the unofficial IG page and ask around about other Weber girls looking for roommates. If not, she will be placed randomly with someone. Maybe it’s for the best anyway

It happened to us today but worse. My daughter accepted the offer and it didn’t give her an option to pay. She was very confused and started clicking around and accidentally withdrew her whole application. You DON’T want to know the level of stress that brought on. She kept calling admissions and they were not picking up. Finally she got through to someone. Apparently it’s a pop-up blocker that is causing this to happen. Now she has to wait 48 hours for someone to fix “withdrawal”. What a nightmare. At least she didn’t wait until the last moment.

See my last post