Santa Clara University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Action (EA) / Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Santa Clara University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

My D is applying EA. 11/1 deadline. 3.7 UW, using test optional. Very involved in Irish Dance. Has danced in the North American Championships multiple times and trying to qualify for the World Championships. She also has volunteered at a local Food bank and worked at a shoe store. Interested in Criminology and considering law school.

1 Like

Our D23 received an email from SCU today asking if she wanted to change her EA app to ED - has this happened to anyone else? Iā€™ve read old posts on CC about colleges asking to switch - just curious.

1 Like

We have not seen that unless my D received an e mail that I didnā€™t see.

I just came on to ask the same question! I think this may be a form letter to everyone? I hope so.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s a form - itā€™s not really personalized other than her name, but interesting to receive, she wonā€™t be switching.

Some good reading about it in past forums hereā€¦was just curious to see if others received it too.

1 Like

I will tell my daughter to ED if a full ride is part of the deal :joy:.

S23 received it, too. I agree that itā€™s just a form letter.

1 Like

Any ideas the decisions will come out mid or late Dec? Really hope we can get it before hoilday!
Good luck to everyone!

I think it will be between Dec 15-30 with it probably being on the earlier side based on previous years.

1 Like

Does Santa Clara usually announce the date or is it a surprise?

1 Like

The website officially says ā€œlate Decemberā€.

Per CC last year they were released on 12/15. D23 logged in and there was a portal redirect, fwiw.

A portal redirect?

Yes, when she logged into the admissions portal it gave her a ā€˜redirectā€™ message unlike any other time she has logged on. Probably doesnā€™t mean anything but thought Iā€™d mention it.

1 Like

I got one specifically about the county and city Iā€™m from- did anyone else get it? Not sure if it is personalized or just sent out to everyone.

2 Likes

Last year they sent out a ā€œcoming soonā€ email on Friday the 10th with the decision following on Wednesday the 15th at approx. 4:30pm PDT.

Yes, my son got a similar email. We are in the SF Bay Area, so we thought it was probably sent out to local applicants???

2 Likes

I have two children applying and they also got the location specific email and the reminder about the ED option. I hope they will announce the decision date soon!

1 Like

My dd23 has SCU near the top of her list. Her grades are strong (I donā€™t know her GPA but I think itā€™s an unweighted 4.0), goes to a very rigorous and well-regarded HS where she took a heavy course load, and is a legacy (parent is an alum.) She didnā€™t submit scores. Her ECs are very good, but nothing off the charts. She applied for the business school without calc, and while sheā€™s very interested in SCU, Iā€™m not sure sheā€™s done a ton to demonstrate it. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes