Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

You are supposed to drink about 40 oz of something every day.

You had : a tiny glass of juice with breakfast, four sips of a diet coke all day, and a tiny glass of diet coke with dinnner that you are sulking over bc I refill it after reminding you how little you drank all day – but you didn’t drink that, either.

and you blame the meds for the alarming constipation? lord, give me strength to not yell at you.

9 Likes

After watching Thing #1 study his tail off, take all the hard AP classes, take SAT practice tests at home (no, we did not go full “Tiger Parent” and make him go to SAT bootcamp or take the test three times), make NHS, etc., and go through the college application process, Thing #2 is actually planning ahead and taking school more seriously.

7 Likes

Please don’t dump anything more in my lap right now. I’m on the edge already.

May my H step up over the next few weeks, may S2 continue to be safe despite the chaos in his adopted country, and may the docs fix this $#@&+ knee so I can be mobile again.

16 Likes

A reminder that “say it here” posts must still comply with ToS and that this is a no-response thread

4 Likes

When a car is backing out of a parking space, and is half way out, it might be a good idea not to walk behind the moving car. I have a back-up camera, so saw you coming, but the next time it might be a teen on their phone, someone without a camera, or any number of other people.

20 Likes

I have to say I am enjoying the Jeopardy college tournament and watching as students from less prestigious colleges knock off students from more prestigious schools. There are CC posters who think the higher ranked colleges are always going to have the smartest students and I just don’t agree with that mindset.

11 Likes

Masks are required for all attendees of the Super Bowl, unless actively eating or drinking. I can see how seriously my State takes their own safety precautions.

Good thing our 2+ year olds will still have to wear masks.

Speechless…

7 Likes

If you so strongly dislike this state and the governing bodies maybe you should think about moving elsewhere.

9 Likes

OMG … Cue! Can’t even get on their website right now. I’m really intrigued.

1 Like

In December I told you I would not (as treasurer of our women’s group), repeat NOT, be paying you for the website annual fee come Jan as we don’t use it. You said you couldn’t cancel as you didn’t know the password. I said, fine, but I’m NOT reimbursing you and that if was a charge on MY credit card, I’d make damn sure I wasn’t charged the annual fee. Dispute it, figure out how to cancel, but you aren’t getting reimbursed.

Today I get a request for reimbursement IMMEDIATELY as the credit card bill is due 2/25.

Yeah, that’s why I’m quitting this volunteer position.

12 Likes

I will miss DD when she goes off to college, but I will NOT miss getting up at 5am with her.

11 Likes

Beyond excited for Matthew Stafford! The Lion’s organization has to finally take a good, hard look at what they are doing wrong.

7 Likes

On nights like tonight Twitter is at its best :football:- thanks for the many laughs

3 Likes

The most underwhelming Super Toiletbowl… the commercials were awful.

6 Likes

Could the results of that game be more fixed? And the officiating? Unbelievable.

2 Likes

When a forecast of “coating-to-one inch” becomes a solid SIX INCHES (!!), weather guy who screwed up has got to say more than “yeah, this one didn’t behave like I thought it would!!!”

Edit----NINE INCHES VS ONE PREDICTED INCH!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

7 Likes

When there is 6 inches more of snow, the roads aren’t plowed and no call for a delay start of school! :tired_face:

no good deed goes unpunished.

8 Likes