Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Wow. Your overarching need to be right, to have the last word and to lecture those you’ve determined to be beneath your intellectual level is impressive.

I would not want to be your student. They must all just be only bearable intellectual lightweights who must be tolerated. Well, unless they agree with you…then I’m sure they are elevated to superior status.

1 Like

After 17 months of zero communication, I finally received my (dual) Canadian citizenship papers. Next up, passport. Hopefully before my hair is all white.

20 Likes

Damn you, Ticketmaster bots! You make it impossible to buy a pair of affordable McCartney tickets. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

News that is only of interest to me.

This Phil Mickelson/SGL story. Can’t get enough.

Been wondering why a conversation was going there. Then I realize it’s a big talking point on a pseudo news channel. When you don’t want to talk about something, pivot and get your watchers all relied up about what you do want to talk about.

2 Likes

Yes, a benefit of working in the school system is getting the summer off. BUT, when as a couple you have well over $100K of student debt and not much savings, do you really think that’s a good idea?
Don’t look to others to help bail you out you when you choose not to work all summer.

2 Likes

Now I want to try Banoffee pie.

1 Like

Thank goodness he turned 27…

2 Likes

We all have different mountains to climb, but ADHD feels extra cruel.

2 Likes

At times it’s difficult to believe this is the 21st century.

17 Likes

My parents hoped that they would be the last generation to live through a world war…

17 Likes

Can’t sleep. Pit in stomach.

7 Likes

I will never have respect for anyone who believes killing others is the answer. People aren’t pawns.

22 Likes

Held my little one tight as she fell asleep with tears steaming down my face last night. We are safe. Other mothers and children are not and I’m nauseous over it.

21 Likes

What kind of a world are my grandkids going to grow up in? Everything seems so bleak now.

18 Likes

To my co-workers, two in particular… PLEASE take something for your cough & sniffles. Coughing for me is like nails on a chalkboard. Listening to you all day yesterday about sent me over the edge. I don’t know if I can do two days in a row. I don’t think this is allergies. I just hope it’s not covid. One of you is probably OK and just a cold since you had omicron 6-7 weeks ago. But the other had delta back in Oct/Nov. ugh…

1 Like

Some demons never die…they slumber…they change their attire…they mingle amongst us…but they will always rear their heads and revert to their base nature.

8 Likes

It is hard to ignore the news, but it is HARD to read the news of what is happening.

17 Likes

Oscar Wilde was on to something when he declared:

“With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.”

10 Likes

The depictions of yourself and your family members is just so over the top.

4 Likes

I just watched an interview on CNN with a young woman who is hiding in a subway station with her parents in the Ukraine. Heartbreaking and infuriating. I just can’t even imagine the fear and pain and rage. So senseless - and all we can do is watch?

5 Likes