Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

I know there is such thing as age discrimination and there are laws to prevent that. However do you now see how bringing someone in out of retirement over hiring a recent grad was a mistake? It’s the students who are suffering and don’t need this especially after Covid learning. Ugh!

I nailed it!

5 Likes

Feeling better about our deadbeat client now that we’ve retained a collection agency. I’m glad we don’t have to deal with the legal system. We may not collect anything but it’s worth a shot.

17 Likes

DD never had the stress of college admissions, only applying to safeties. But her getting an apartment for internship is starting to feel like applying to Ivies. So few spots available. Hoping for an acceptance before too many application fees are spent :worried:

7 Likes

Discussing yield management has nothing to do with your precious spoiled child. You’re a bully. And everyone sees it.

6 Likes

Go space guys (and gals)!:handshake:

1 Like

I can’t believe getting into the top public in the country is considered “basic” to my daughter’s classmates. These kids are so rude and entitled

18 Likes

Reaches are reaches because of their low acceptance rates. It doesn’t matter how high a students stats, those schools are highly competitive and unlikely for admission. It shouldn’t be a surprise to not be accepted. A list with two safeties and all reaches isn’t going to end well unless a student is super excited about the safeties. Families and students need to better manage their expectations.

And it’s the same EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

50 Likes

Yes, it’s a fantastic offer, but I really don’t want you to move to Seattle.

14 Likes

AAAAHH tears of stress here as we wait for the final decision tonight. Sending prayers, manifestations, good vibes, good luck and whatever else the universe needs to send good news our way. . . it has been a looooooooooong year. Proud of DD no matter what, but she needs to feel pride in herself.

26 Likes

So glad it ends tonight. I’m ready for the next phase. Having two years in a row of college admissions for two very different kids with different needs is exhausting.

20 Likes

I wish you could see that the college you attend doesn’t define you.

22 Likes

Well, of course I think it’s a good idea. I’m the one who suggested it. Nice to know that he is taking credit for it. It’s not a big deal, but I will add it to my list of reasons why I can’t stand your H.

1 Like

I love you, bff. And I’m glad I can say anything to you. Going to work up the courage to tell you that because you are a devout Christian and I am not, you and your kids aren’t better than me and mine. :purple_heart:

13 Likes

I’m in shock. One neighbor sold their house for more than 2X what they thought they would get for it 5 years ago. :flushed: I feel sorry for young folks trying to move to our town!

15 Likes

not good - frustration with a work project and with my father’s care situation at the same time - serenity now!!

5 Likes

A slightly older than I am friend of mine had a double mastectomy yesterday because of a recurrence of breast cancer after nearly 20 years. I’m in a FB group for her that is being used to share progress reports and happily saw that she is being released to go home today.

Also today on FB a young friend posted and shared a link to a GoFundMe for top surgery.

The juxtaposition of these posts practically back to back on my feed is troubling for me for some reason.

14 Likes

Expect nothing, pursue nothing, grasp nothing. Love the hand that fate deals. This seems to be the key to happiness in life…and college admissions.

4 Likes

You never think it will happen to you (or a loved one), until it does. Feeling worried, scared, overwhelmed and numb.

At our mountain cabin… Day 1 - the water heater seems to not be working as well as usual. Day 2 - no hot water. Long story short it is the ORIGINAL unit - 48 years old. Two new heating elements from Lowe’s and it’s back to working order…nope. They don’t make things like they used too.

3 Likes