Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

I get texts for savings & sales from Faherty Brands. Just got a really cool text from them … “Faherty Brand: We understand that Mother’s Day can be difficult for some. That is why we are giving you the option to opt out of Mother’s Day messaging. Text PEACE to unsubscribe. Don’t worry, you won’t miss out on other exciting Faherty moments.” That’s really thoughtful.

20 Likes

My favorite (only) child. Make your Graduate school decision on the long term best option for you. Not your girlfriend (even thought that option brings you closer to home). Parenting is hard at all ages, even when they are “adults”.

21 Likes

Has there ever been a tattoo that has aged well? No, no there hasn’t.

30 Likes

I think you need to manage your life and let them manage theirs.

9 Likes

Ok dog, I know you understand what to do and I even know you enjoy doing it so please let’s pass the test.

I don’t have perfect inlaws but I’m glad they aren’t as controlling as some can be. I’ll take mine any day with regards to that.

11 Likes

Mom, you are out of your mind if you think I’m setting myself up for that kind of hurt again.

What do we have to do to get PT for my dad in the hospital?? So tired of having the doctor order it but then nothing happening. I think I will ask for the patient advocate today if we get brushed off again. Grr.

4 Likes

I know that one of your company’s guys died this afternoon. It appears he had a cardiac arrest while driving his truck out of my neighborhood. I hope it wasn’t one of the ones who was doing work at my house this morning. :pleading_face: :scream: :cry:

He was face down on the ground, and you were on top of him. Some things just don’t seem to change. :cry:

1 Like

Driving home from the grocery with the chicken for matzoh ball soup, heading up one of my favorite neighborhood drives with spring flowers popping out everywhere and a view of the bay behind me.

And California Dreaming *comes on the radio.

• This was the second record (45rpm) that I ever bought. Guess I knew even back then!
13 Likes

And the warship went to….

:laughing:

10 Likes

FIL - age 93 - just received a spam call on his flip phone. The whole thing was in Spanish. He’s hard of hearing, so listened for 15-20 seconds before responding with one word, “Bull----,” and closing the phone.

H and I are sitting here quietly snickering… they sure got the wrong person for that call.

7 Likes

I remember when NASA was awesome. Now, not so much. Once again way over budget and way behind schedule. SpaceX on the other hand - THE best!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/14/world/nasa-artemis-wet-dress-third-attempt-scn/index.html

1 Like

Elon Musk….you’re an amazing man and more power to you!

4 Likes

Spring has sprung. Finally, sunshine!

1 Like

And this morning we’re on the patio at a local dive bar having breakfast and what do I hear playing but California Dreaming. Coincidence that I hear it twice in two days? I think not.

5 Likes

Won’t break the rules and reply to my own comment. But favorite (only) child picked Grad School based on his future and not being with girlfriend. PhD program at Georgetown - Industrial Leadership in Physics. :blush:

34 Likes