Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

You have been bragging about your son’s amazing internship, but I am well aware that a kid without the connections you & your H have would not have such an opportunity. In fact, your comment that he is the only intern in that department should probably clue you in. But whatever. Frankly, I’m glad social media didn’t exist in its current form when my kids were in school. I might have posted things I shouldn’t have posted. Older and wiser now.

12 Likes

OMG, this is priceless!! He even left a generous tip! :rofl:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/21/us/texas-toddler-mcdonalds-cheeseburger-doordash-trnd/index.html

12 Likes

I just heard a great cover of Leonard Cohen’s There is a War (Nathaniel Rateliff/Kevin Morby/Sam Cohen). Amazing (not in a good way) how little things have changed in the almost 50 years since the original was released.

Pete Kadens has my everlasting admiration. What a man. Thank you for your incredible gift, sir.

3 Likes

We were happy to see you and your partner after several years of not being able to. You are a dear friend and we think of you as a brother. But how could you tell us you would be testing that day, and then tell us it was actually the day before, and reiterate your vaccine reluctance, and then message the next day that your partner felt ill later that night and now is positive???

How can a smart person be such an idiot? Now my husband, sister and I have to hope we were not infected, after collectively being so careful. So angry and dismayed.

2 Likes

Anyone else at the shore this weekend? Jersey shore was crazy crowded, but to be expected with the heat.
What was unexpected? The exposed derrières! Never in my life have I seen so many - all ages, sizes, colors, shapes. And not just on the sand, nope. On the boardwalk! Everywhere you looked - there one was!

4 Likes

OMG, my family is such a disaster. Such. A. Disaster. What is wrong with you people? He’s dying but if this weekend won’t work then OK. I’m really glad that you are spending five days with that new guy – your ex-husband’s cousin! WTAH?

1 Like

I wish there was some way to tell you kindly not to ruin graduation day. You married into our family, suck the air out of every party and manipulate so many. I just hate to think of you in our photos. Always jumping right in the center and posing too. No one can nicely tell you anything. It’s mean, I know. But you just can’t seem to realize that some days, are not YOUR days. There should be a phrase to shut people up who can’t realize that their ego is bigger than it should be. Not looking forward to seeing you.

4 Likes

I’m so over the “wasn’t it wonderful back then” posts about growing up back in the day in a small town. There were some good things about it but overall, not all it’s cracked up to be.

15 Likes

To the drunk girl whom my kiddo saved in the bathroom after a 10th grade party- you were so drunk you don’t even remember how my kiddo and 2 others kept you from choking on your own vomit. Good thing these kids (who you treat like inferiors because they don’t wear your Loveshack & Golden Geese) were there to save you and put you in sanctuary. If my kid would not have been there, you would have cracked your head open and choked. Good luck with sorority life down South next year.

7 Likes

Am sick to my stomach AGAIN. No reason for such violence. 14 poor kids and a teacher. I’m enraged and heart broken.

15 Likes

Based on recent events in TX, I am putting the thread on pause for today. There is a thread to discuss:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 13 hours.

So glad the cityhood push went down in flames in yesterday’s election. So fun to see the grassroots David beat the deep pocket developer Goliaths.

1 Like

Because I know you guys will understand…

No, I will not reimburse the employee for their Dean Scholarship credit🤦‍♀️

Today’s goal - to stop reading the articles. I’ve read and seen enough. I’m not sticking my head in the sand, I’m preserving my own mental health. :broken_heart:

17 Likes

I wish there were more people like Mackenzie Scott.

27 Likes

We are not on the same page here, not in the same book or the same library even.

1 Like

Teachers need to be paid much much more. Full stop.

35 Likes