Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

I wonder how Elon (university) feels about (no relation) Mr. Musk.

I have become my mother.
I hid some of my jewelry and watches before I went away on vacation. By the time I came back I have forgotten where I hid them. They were so secure I couldn’t even find them.
No joke, I looked for them off and on for 2 weeks. Today I finally remembered.
Note to myself: next time I hide anything I will email the location to myself.

24 Likes

I am SO tired of high school girl drama and my daughter always being the punching bag. Why can’t she just find an uncomplicated best friend that likes her for her? I’m really hoping college is different.

15 Likes

Will be so glad for the end of campaign ads on Wednesday. There is one in my local market that touts the candidate as a “taxpayer hero.” Seriously? Since when did paying your taxes make you a hero?

14 Likes

How is it 2022 and a First World country is still engaging in a mass-killing war?

Putin, I don’t want a human to kill you so you become a martyr, but I will have a nice drink the day I hear about your death to celebrate with those whose lives you’ve killed or ruined. I’m also convinced God has a special place in Hell waiting for you.

28 Likes

Why can’t you be happy for me?

How can it be that we read the same words in the same book, yet we interpret them so differently?

6 Likes

Mom, you’re either lying to me or you truly forgot. Neither scenario is a good one.

You refused to post my review because it mentioned that the seller, for whom you provide shipping service, offered me a bribe to post a positive review. So much for the value of your verified purchaser’s reviews.

11 Likes

I’m glad you got a bed, even if it’s temporary. Hope the next placement comes through soon. You need help, before you hurt yourself or someone else.

How fun that the $2 billion winning lottery ticket was sold at a place called Joe’s Service Center. Could it be more generic of a name?

8 Likes

So, to learn what elections and proposals would be on the ballot I checked sample ballots from my county clerk, Ballotpedia and The League of Women’s Voters. I then did research on the many candidates with whom I was unfamiliar, especially judges and local officials like school board members. Low and behold, I get my ballot this morning and there are multiple judicial and county government posts that did not appear on any sample ballots. I then had to perform cursory research using my phone while in the voting booth.

How can we have an informed citizenry if we do not even know what is on the ballot? Is it really so hard to have an accurate sample ballot available from the local government entity running the election?

4 Likes

1 thing I’m grateful for today:
Took an hour and a half to vote in person this morning but everybody was patient - voters & poll workers alike. Everybody kept their cool and waited their turn even despite some technical difficulties.

1 thing I am NOT grateful for today:
Incessant political text messages. JUST MAKE IT STOP.

12 Likes

Powerball: why do you hate me so much?

(but congrats to the winner!)

4 Likes

18 Likes

I voted today.

But I will not watch election results coverage tonight.

11 Likes

What in the world?

I just read an obituary and at the end it had a statement: “To send gifts to the family please visit our sympathy store.”

Geez- they have 2 different meat and cheese sets- they looked like Christmas presents from Hickory Farms!! :astonished:

Not ready for election results or where our country stands tomorrow. But ready for the END of constant campaign ads. Back to back candidate ads (from people running against each other), family members advocating for their family member (ranging from pre-teens advocating for Mom to 95+ year olds advocating for their son - honestly, of course you are “for your loved one”). Honestly, all done with all of you and would like to vote for none of you. Take your millions spent on commercials and donate it to a worthy cause.

9 Likes

Had an easy time voting this evening. Happy to have the local candidates I have to vote for. Everyone at the poling place was pleasant, efficient and helpful. Hoping for a new tomorrow.

3 Likes

Will someone please find a muzzle for Jake Tapper so John King, the best in the business, can do his thing? :weary:

5 Likes