Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

You just make more work for yourself.

I love you with all my heart and soul. It’s been a wonderful 40 years. But I do have to get this off my chest here 
 where does the road lead in the future? To visit your mother, of course.

1 Like

Hon, you’re the best, but you aren’t very good at surprises. :sweat_smile: You texted our son on WhatsApp about my Mother’s Day surprise, but forgot that I’m on the thread. Then you came in and said, “Oh, don’t look at your phone!” You crack me up. I’m actually just glad you remembered the day! Now I know to get ready for our two kids who are showing up for hamburgers in a few hours.

18 Likes

Thought I’d check out Firefly Lane. Watched the first episode, seemed watchable (in my age range which is always interesting) but then I did a quick search here and a Spoiler came up immediately in the thumbnail. Like “Spoiler: [big reveal]” . I wish folks would skip those or put a big space in between so that someone had half a chance to look away. Dang it.

Edit: this was supposed to be in the Binge Watching thread.

2 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day to skimom, both skigrans, skibisabuela, and all other moms (and those who serve in lieu of / in addition to moms).

13 Likes

My husband and I changed a flat bicycle tire in the woods and won’t be getting a divorce. SUCCESS!

22 Likes

I had a wonderful mother’s day at my daughter’s future mother-in-law’s house. I was so busy that I didn’t have a chance to wish all my CC mom friends a happy holiday! It’s after 1 am here but it must still be Mother’s Day somewhere! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Sorry I am too tired to look for other suitable emoji!

12 Likes

Great job young man, great job.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/michigan-boy-slingshot-save-sister-abducted-backyard-police-99307951

10 Likes

Sorry, ladies, but if not for the NCAA, you would never have the opportunity to make a fortune just for being nice looking. You might actually have to use your degrees (that I assume were covered by scholarships) to get 
 heavens! 
 jobs.

3 Likes

Whew, focus issues post op are most likely due to eye receiving more light due to low heavy eyelids being lifted. Either it will resolve as eye adjusts, or eventually I’ll need a new prescription.

Edit - also apologies to eyelid surgeon for thinking you were hard to reach for three weeks because you were on a cruise when you actually are off doing humanitarian work in Guatemala.

21 Likes

When things get to close to a truth that shall not be stated
well time to stop it.

1 Like

Happy news today from a random local stranger-

I follow my town’s Reddit community and a couple weeks ago saw someone needed a bartending job.

I had literally hours prior seen that one of my favorite local outdoor dining spots advertise they were hiring for 
a bartender.

So I shared that info with the Reddit poster, she thanked me for the heads up; and she updated today and
.she has been hired for the job!

Yay!

34 Likes

Finally your boss acknowledged your exceedingly hard work and successes. About XXXX time!

12 Likes

There is a disconnect between your religion and your mouth.

5 Likes

This is about Facebook

I belong to several groups, they are mostly about style and this happens all the time.

Someone will post looking for an item. Or post a certain item that is no longer available and want to find that item or something similar.

Someone will find said item or post a comment about an item that fits what the poster is looking for.

Invariably, someone will complain that it’s too expensive or they would never pay that. Or where can they find that specific item but cheaper?

Drives me crazy! In particular, all the whining and complaining that occurs on Facebook these days.

6 Likes

You rehash the same story from four years ago, leave out the facts again, and call that journalism. Wow!

2 Likes

Of course the one night we are scheduled to walk to fancy dinner would be the night it’s supposed to pour buckets, and we can’t get any other reservations there while we are here.

1 Like

Past weekend was Mothers Day and my birthday. Spent the weekend out of town with our kids and H’s entire family as my MIL just passed and her funeral was on my birthday, I was ok with that, it was the best day timing wise for everyone and It is what it is. Obviously low expectations.

But
I had to prompt both H and S to wish me a Happy Mothers Day (FWIW H is usually a great guy but he has never made any effort for me on Mothers Day
sigh). Had to also prompt them to wish me a happy birthday. Jeez. They claimed they “felt bad” but when my only very modest request was for a small grocery store cake, that never happened (even though H went to the store and picked up other stuff).

I was saved from having absolutely NOTHING (not even a card) by D who wrote a lovely card and gave me modest but thoughtful gifts. She also remembered to wish me HMD/HB.

Oh and H’s entire family also (unprompted) wished me HMD and HB.

H and S , nope.

So. Much. Salt.