Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Gag, that news makes me want to vomit.

2 Likes

You live there but visiting is dangerous?

1 Like

It’s that time of year again! Those top tier, excellent students of the prestigious University of Pennsylvania moving out for the summer. And what do they do with their garbage one may wonder? Well, they dump it on the streets of West Philly of course! Tons of unsecured smelly trash leaving the sidewalks impassable.

This week I HAD to make phone calls instead of handling it online and this is what it felt like:

Cable company: no wait time but then used car sales (I have to talk to my manager to get this approved)

Health Insurance company: small wait time but then new car sales (I think that is correct)

OPM department US government: wait time 58 minutes but then efficient (yes I can do that for you right now)

3 Likes

What is so difficult to understand about my question? I’d call back, but I don’t to get Grace on the line for a third time as she is not helpful and doesn’t listen!

We aren’t as stupid, full of ourselves, or as greedy as you think we are. We also aren’t social climbers like you. I know that’s difficult to imagine, coming from your 'hood, but it’s a different world up here
and what you do matters as much as what you make.

As an early b-day present to our soon-to-be 15 yr old daughter, we’re headed to southern California for Memorial Day weekend so our military history buff kid can experience LA Fleet Week and go tour the aircraft carrier museum in San Diego. She’s super duper excited.

To the buffoons I know who have poo-poo’d this and said dumb stuff out loud like, “Really? I’ve never heard of a GIRL being interested in military history. That’s weird,” you can go suck my big toe.

14 Likes

Another visit from the bobcat! That explains why the dead bird that my husband forgot to put into the trash got turned into a bunch of feathers! :flushed: The cat strolled through our backyard in broad daylight!

2 Likes

You damaged my ceiling because of your toilet leak, but refused to pay because (I don’t know why). I had to file a small court claim for you to do something. Your insurance company wanted me to settle because no one wanted to go to court. I told your insurance company that I wouldn’t settle settle for anything less than what I am asking for plus 9% interest. Today their insurance told me that they would pay me everything I asked for.
Darn, I was hoping I could cause you some pain.
D2, who is a lawyer and wrote most of emails for me, said they would never mess with me again.

21 Likes

We had a change of health insurance. Prescription coverage switched from from United Health Care Express Scripts to Blue Cross Express Scripts.

I called Express Scripts and after navigating the phone tree to get a live person, I said “I need to transfer all my family’s prescriptions from Express Scripts to Express Scripts”.

One full hour later, and after talking to SIX different people, and having to get my spouse on the call as well, they were able to transfer half of our family’s prescriptions from Express Scripts to Express Scripts.

So I ordered new Express Scripts prescriptions for my son through his doctors’ patient portal. The staff sent them to the wrong pharmacy instead.

I knew it would be ridiculous but even I laughed at how dumb the whole experience turned out to be.

6 Likes

No, you should not be leaving. Leaders understand that they need to get the job done, even if it means forgoing vacation.

6 Likes

My aunt died last night. She was only 68 or 69. My mom (her sister) and 2 other siblings died at 70. Too young

1 Like

It’s so cool to answer a phone call on my Apple watch! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You had a medical emergency and a trip to the ER. Scary - but didn’t let me know until the next day. Then snapped at me when I asked if you had followed up with the PCP. But now that you are getting the bills and the insurance run-around, you want to message me and vent?

Please. There will not be another “wave” of WL acceptances at “very selective school”. There is a small possibility that they will take a handful of kids as others drop off, but there will not be another big decision realease date.

You are not being tortured or strung along by this school. It is your choice to stay on the WL and to try to read the tea leaves of the portal or to call admissions asking for the date of this "wave.

Move forward. In the unlikely event you get good news, you can give this school mindshare, but for now, just live your life.

13 Likes

My daughter is taking the MCAT today. I am nervous for her and hope she does well.

20 Likes

Some people are jerks. Some jerks are much bigger jerks than the other jerks. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

I am out of town and could not watch the end of Survivor ( my guilty pleasure ). Ugg have to wait until Wed. Hoping I can stay away from the spoilers until then.

3 Likes

I did not expect to be spending Saturday afternoon watching my crooked AG hopefully get impeached, but here we are.

12 Likes

Daughter is having her undergrad friends over this weekend. Some arrived several days ago. Apparently, we’re hosting them; was news to me. Been washing lots of towels!!

I heard her friend say to DD: how do you have so many Aunts and Uncles??? (pictures of all the family on walls)

I said, “it was the 60’s, where do ya think all of those baby boomers came from?”

1 Like