Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Your constant grudge keeping and lack of self awareness is making me feel so old. It takes such energy to constantly walk on eggshells so you don’t get offended. I need some time off.

3 Likes

Dear MIL,
Your daughter told you that your 14 yr old granddaughter was diagnosed recently w/ADHD & autism. And what do you have to say about it? “I just hope that she doesn’t use that as a crutch.”

Oh. My. Goodness. You sound like such an idiot and an ignorant, judgmental stupid fool when you open your mouth like that. You should just do everyone a favor and shut up.

As for the rest of us, we’re all grateful that SIL was encouraged by a female PhD neuroscientist (who has ADHD & autism) to get your granddaughter evaluated and tested.

And all you have to say about it is that you hope she doesn’t use it as a crutch and you don’t think it’s a good idea for kids with ADHD to be medicated.

And you know what else? Knock it off with your passive-aggressive complaining about my daughter. She DID call you to try to say thank you for the birthday gift. YOU NEVER ANSWER YOUR PHONE! And your voicemail is full, so she COULDN’T LEAVE A MESSAGE! Even your own children have the same problem. But no…it’s not you, it’s all the rest of us who are rude. Sure, whatever.

You know what’s rude? Saying that your disabled granddaughter is going to use her diagnoses as a “crutch to get away with stuff.” Do us all a favor and just hold your tongue, ok?

10 Likes

Please don’t use the word “resilient” to describe me. I know it’s meant to be a compliment but I’m tired of being in situations that require resilience.

8 Likes

Had to talk to mother in law again today. :pensive:

No I am not going to tell my 33 year old daughter who she should invite to her wedding. She’s an adult. The only addresses she asked for are the cousins on her dad’s side. Who keep moving every year. She is capable of getting the address for your ex DIL.

My mil’s worrying and angst is getting to me.

5 Likes

You think you’re in charge of everything but some things are just NOYB.

5 Likes

I am in Seville to turn in rental car and fly to Porto tomorrow. We made a point to get here early so we could see more of the city we were so enamored with than we had time for when we picked up the car a couple of weeks ago.

I have lived in the PNW (an hour south of the Canadian border) for 35 years. This is relevant because:

Today the high in Seville was 109°.

Sort of like my recent first experience flying Ryanair…

I.will.not.make.this.mistake.again.

1 Like

We saw James Taylor in an outdoor amphitheater in Bangor, Maine tonight. We got rained on but I can die happy now. :heart::heart::heart:

He spent the entire intermission sitting on the edge of the stage, signing autographs.

His son, Henry, was one of the singers. The last encore was the two of them singing a duet.

19 Likes

I am sorry, sister, for what I said. I should’ve held my tongue. That just came out. I don’t know all the details.

At the same time, why would you say what you said? Did you think that I would agree with you? We could not be more different. The more you confide in me, the more I see that. Once mom is gone I wonder what our relationship will be, if any.

I can tell I will be on the insomniacs thread tonight.

In the spirit of humor. Posted many times elsewhere on the internet but why not one more time.

How many group members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” …

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lamp”

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light
bulb” is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant’s ISPs complaining that they are in violation
of their “acceptable use policy”

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take
this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and
lightbulb groups about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs
and therefore the posts are relevant to this group

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to
buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
technique, and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URL’s

3 to post about links they found from the URL’s that are relevant to this
group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
headers and signatures, and add “Me too”

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the “Me too’s” to say “Me three”

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a “FAQ”

4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”

143 to say “do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions
about light bulbs”

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start
it all over again…

9 Likes

OMG…toddlers neener neenering in a sandbox would be less ridicules than that never ending exchange.

My dear friend, I am in shock as the word has come to us that you are dying. Sudden onset. You are so vibrant, so loving, so giving, a force of nature. I am so blessed to have known you.

I am being tortured by leaf blowers in my neighborhood. I have tinnitus with hyperacusis, migraines and vertigo. The town voted to ban them in the summer but there is no enforcement as yet. Can homeowners tell their landscapers not to use them? They blow stuff in the street and then the wind blows it back. Torture for nothing.

2 Likes

A reminder that this posts on this thread must still comply with the rules.

You should correctly assume that moderators read the news. Any posts, no matter how veiled one thinks they are, that relate to today’s SCOTUS news belongs on the appropriate thread in the Politics Forum.

8 Likes

Seriously, your son is not going to the MLB draft. he is 16 years old, he plays on a high school team that won 3 games last season, he’s been to no showcases, talked to no coaches- college or otherwise, and plays on no club team because “he’ll just practice hitting by himself in the yard”. I think you’ve skipped a few steps.

7 Likes

Actually I’d say that you “helping” other kids/families in the college application process is an objectively bad idea.

3 Likes

Dear friend,
Our sons grew up together, spent many hours talking Star Trek and science in the car, and our friendship blossomed in the process. Thank you for your listening ear and mutual commiseration over spouses, dogs, families, health and the rest of it. I will miss you terribly as you and your DH head off to new adventures and retirement in NC. I will make the detour to see you on my travels south!

9 Likes

Why don’t contractors follow the drawings? SIMPLE, and explicit, yet decide to make changes for whatever reason, and fail to let you know until too late.

2 Likes

To the neurotic kid at my kids’ HS:

There’s a whole boatload of great schools out there. It isn’t just about the Ivy League. The sooner you embrace that, the less stressful your senior year will be.

10 Likes

Major rain/hail storm hit Denver right at rush hour. I-25 is flooded.

My house? barely got my sidewalk wet -which means I have to water the roses!

3 Likes

I can’t believe that was posted on the school’s FB page … until I learned who is an admin. Tone deaf. Read the room, dude.

1 Like