Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

We were at the shore this weekend. I can handle the thong bathing suits at every turn- they’re just butts after all. The thongs everywhere on the boardwalk? A bit much, but ok. But the thongs and other skimpy outfits on middle schoolers? It’s just a bit much for me. It makes me sad to see these young ladies desperate for attention - the exploitation of the female body is alive and well.
I don’t want to hear that it’s their choice and it’s great they’re comfortable with their bodies, and if I have a problem it’s on me not them, blah blah.
I know a 13 year old wearing too much make up and too little clothes, looking around to see how she stacks up and to see who’s noticed her, when I see one. And, yes, I think it’s sad.

13 Likes

I carry a window punch in my truck at all times…and I’m not afraid to use it.

15 Likes

Take THAT Djoko!!!

Very sweet tennis moment for the 20 yr old .

10 Likes

Five things about today’s Wimbledon “Gentlemen’s” Final:

1. Congrats to Carlos Alcaraz. He is clearly a force to be reckoned with for years (decades?) to come.

2. While I’m not a huge fan of the Djoker, he gave a very moving speech at the award ceremony at the end of the match.

3. This is the first time since 2002 that a person NOT named Roger, Rafael, Novak, or Andy has won the men’s singles title at Wimbledon.

4. An American man has not won any tennis singles Grand Slam in 20 years, when Andy Roddick last did it at the 2003 US Open.

5. In light of 4, the US should thank heavens for Serena Williams! What a great champion (and Venus too)!

10 Likes

To begin with, your Indeed employment ad spells your company name as “Corporstion.” Then you state that it’s a fully remote job, but one of the duties is welcoming visitors. Huh???

Oh, no!! Just learned that an old friend got divorced recently. They were married almost as long as we have been. I always thought they had a good relationship. I’m incredibly sad, even though he says not to feel bad for him.

1 Like

You approve of this and disapprove of that and they both have essentially the same (negative in my opinion) influence on those you are concerned about. I don’t get it.

1 Like

Here I go off into the heat to buy ice and popsicles. Maybe a watermelon. It’s just so hot.

3 Likes

I’d really like to read something good about the poor guy occasionally.

3 Likes

The contractors behind us have been throwing building materials from a 4th story window into a dumpster for the last hour +. Sounds like a small explosion every time. What a way to start the day :frowning:

I really feel for your SIL.

3 Likes

Dare I get my hopes up that our trip to Europe tomorrow is actually going to happen? It’s hard to believe, after waiting more than three years.

24 Likes

Dear friend- i know you were trying to be supportive, but when I shared the tragedy that is pulling us out of town, it is not helpful to be told of other awful tragedies you heard on the news.

3 Likes

So many well meaning people respond with “I hope everything will be ok” when we tell them we have a family emergency. What is the correct response when we know that no, everything will not be ok? :cry:

1 Like

Be afraid…

4 Likes

What did you think? Cooler vs foot. Cooler always wins! :laughing: How did that help the team?

1 Like

The Oppenheimer movie is so excellent!

8 Likes

So there’s an upside to what was done? One that will be touted as a benefit?

2 Likes

Hey SIL, I find it beyond creepy that everything you said about your adult (21.5 year old) daughter, still living at home and trying to transfer to a full college was US. WE talked to the advisors (ok I get that you went too) and WE got the schedule and US and WE and … yikes. I know you home schooled her and helped her track though community college then some actual college. And I know it didn’t help that 90% of her “college” career was remote and during covid. AND I also find it awful that she is going to do her entire first year AT HOME, remotely, and out of state. I’d have moved her to the other state and said set up for in-state tuition asap. Let her go!

3 Likes

Greedy and stupid vultures. When the meat is gone, what’s left will be quite useless.

1 Like