Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Whew, Ohio. :white_check_mark:

20 Likes

In June, my friend got COVID at the end of a trip we took together. We just took another trip, returned today, and she just tested positive again (she got the latest booster on October 12, about the same time I did)! I didn’t catch it from her the first time and I’m hoping my luck continues this time.

I am VERY annoyed at my at-risk father, who didn’t get the latest booster because he had “heard bad things about it.” So here I am in Austin for another 3 1/2 days - what am I supposed to do? I can’t take a chance on infecting him. My son has sent me links to video games, at least. I guess I’ll hang out at my sister’s house and wear a mask.

1 Like

I asked about some items that should have been in the safe deposit box that my MIL closed last year. SIL & her H took everything and have it stored in their home. They are telling H & I that the things I asked about were not in the box. I call b.s. It’s a good thing I took pictures of copies (now MIA) of some important documents that my FIL showed me. And it’s a good thing we can get the deed to the vacation home we now co-own with MIL from the county. I honestly wonder if they even looked through the documents. It’s frustrating to deal with people who don’t understand what they are supposedly safeguarding.

1 Like

Gotta love those Florida juries. Awarded $200M+ in damages without blinking and eye. Let’s see what they do with punitive damages.

Why do so many people who work at car dealerships lie??

12 Likes

Paranoia reigns supreme.

Also don’t get that you all are ok with the ghastly deed.

I love Texas. When three strangers at the next table at The County Line (BBQ restaurant near my childhood home) saw me sitting by myself, they invited me to eat with them. Turns out one man’s kids went to my high school and his wife taught there. We had a delightful lunch. Not the kind of thing that happens in New England, at least in my experience.

18 Likes

I’m spending money like a drunken sailor. This is a dangerous time of the year for me. I may as well pick up a few things for myself, too, right? :crazy_face:

17 Likes

Aarrrgggh! Am I too old to run away from home?

3 Likes

I’m enjoying rewatching old movies with you now that you’re old enough to want to watch them. I know you enjoyed Good Will Hunting even though it had some slow spots but My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Miss Congeniality were hits. I really loved how you snuggled between our dog and me. Sometimes teenagers can be very sweet.

8 Likes

After the wedding rehearsal, I will treat my little grand nieces to mani-pedi. How to make friends and influence children, especially 5- and 7-yr-old girls!

21 Likes

I just read the comments on a video put out by Federal Student Aid regarding FAFSA changes. I’m wondering if the people commenting actually watched the video or just came prepared to say that everything is going to be “10 times harder?” I honestly can’t understand how they came to that conclusion based on the video. People continue to baffle me

5 Likes

I am having the world’s slowest pedicure. No time for manicure! I am already late to the rehearsal dinner! But if that’s the worst thing that happens this weekend, it’s all good!

13 Likes

Why do some men feel the need to “explain” - in a sweeping blanket statement - why women make certain choices?

6 Likes

That was down right sneaky BC/BS FEP changing Rx plans for medicare recipients. I pay ALOT of money to keep you as a secondary insurance in addition to paying ALOT for part B medicare and you do this! I almost missed the opt-out option if it wasn’t for a friend who called me and drew attention to this. I can get part D on my own without your help, that’s why I have BC/BS instead. You gave us 2 weeks notice and the information in the letter and on your website was contradictory. Yes it would cost us $200 more a month with medicare part D, and yes YOUR premiums don’t change! Very deceptive. I really expected more from you.

Stop giving expert advice about things you know nothing about…please.

6 Likes

Fits right in with all their other closed minded policies…:disappointed:

2 Likes

It must be so miserable to be such a negative Nellie.

3 Likes

The Marvels movie is a total train wreck. Worst action/super hero movie I’ve ever seen. Whoever wrote the script should go back to school and take a screen writing class. Villain character development was bad. Miss Marvel was super irritating the entire time. Captain Marvel’s character is just not very likeable. Even the music was bad. Many times, no background music at all to add to the mood of the scene. OR there was music, but it was so quiet that you could barely hear it. They need to find a different composer next time. Nick Fury’s character was relegated to be there for comedic effect instead of the awesome character he usually is.

The entire movie was totally lame. Even the fight scenes were lame. So dumb. Should have listened to my gut and not bothered, but my kid really wanted to see it. Total waste of money.

Whoever at Disney who chose to release that monstrosity should be fired.

1 Like

And for some balance, a reason to be proud of my alma mater. You go Northwestern!

Northwestern University’s first class of incarcerated students will walk across the graduation stage on Nov. 15, having completed their coursework from prison.

Why it matters: This is the first time that incarcerated students will receive bachelor’s degrees from a U.S. News and World Report top 10 ranked university.

Details: The Northwestern Prison Education Program currently has four cohorts of 20 students each, said Jennifer Lackey, its founding director.

• The graduating class studied during the COVID-19 pandemic, where remote learning challenges were poignant, Lackey said. For example, without as much access to technology, Northwestern staff members would bring printed materials and scan all handwritten assignments.
  • “What this cohort lived through,” she said, “it’s really nothing short of extraordinary.”
  • In the last application cycle, 400 incarcerated people applied from prisons across Illinois and 70 were interviewed. Professors teach classes mostly in person.
  • Students released from prison before graduating continue joining classes remotely while also going to campus.

The program is “quite literally a lifeline” for some students," Lackey said.

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/12/northwestern-univeristy-prison-education-program-graduation

19 Likes