Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

The “Pirates of the Caribbean” soundtrack is a total banger.

5 Likes

New day, same old tune

Didn’t think my football team could play any worse, guess I underestimated just how bad they can be.

1 Like

People who donate money have every right to use it for whatever purpose interests them (as long as it’s legal), and they have the right to withhold it if something happens that they don’t like. And this is exactly why “but I donate a lot of money” isn’t even close to the same thing as paying a fair share of taxes.

4 Likes

The pansies strike again.

Now that the wedding is over, I am feeling very achy (rheumatoid arthritis relapse?) and sad. Good thing I zoom with my therapist tomorrow!

Yessssss!!! My kid landed a graduate TA-ship for next semester which means FREE tuition & a monthly stipend that will cover room and board! So excited to save some $$$ but I can’t tell anyone irl because it’ll come off as bragging. So I’m shouting it here instead!

30 Likes

To two of my kids, son and DIL, thank you so much for the talk. It made dad and me both feel so much better.

8 Likes

Well, round two. Hopefully, the inspection goes well for our new buyers. Fingers crossed. I want this deal to happen very soon.

22 Likes

Sounds like FDIC stands for Fraternity Dudes in Charge. How does this stuff still happen in the workplace?

3 Likes

I am so anxious about my kids’ job searches. Yep, multiple kids, college educated, excellent job histories with 10 years experience, and there just doesn’t seem to be anything out there.

1 Like

Ugh, Covid. Several people at the wedding got it, but, thankfully, not the most vulnerable. At least I’m not wheezing. Paxlovid on the way.

Ugh, about once a year I have to talk to Social Security about my son. They sent a notice awhile back stating, “We are going to call you at 1:30 pm on XX date.” So I rearranged my schedule and then got a notice that the agent had a conflict, so they rescheduled to today at 1:15. Still waiting for that call, at 1:43…

1 Like

The tasteless things you folks find wonderful are just stomach turning.

1 Like

The SSA guy never called, so I found the notice and called him, an hour and a half after the scheduled appointment. “Oh, that was rescheduled!” I said it was rescheduled once, but this was the time I was given. Apparently, it was rescheduled again until Friday, but I can’t make that time. He blamed the scheduling system for why I hadn’t gotten a notice. ?!? To his credit, he went ahead and interviewed me since he had a few minutes to spare.

I asked what I can do in the future, if/when my son is hospitalized, to make sure his benefits aren’t incorrectly stopped, and he just said that’s how the system works, the computer does it automatically. ?!? So I guess every time my son is hospitalized, it will be a fight. Lovely. I will stop before I say something I shouldn’t on CC…

3 Likes

Ugh - realtor says they found an active leak under a sink in my house. How can that be - it was fine 2 1/2 weeks ago and the water has been off and unused since then? I bet they broke something during the inspection. Well, let’s see when I get the detailed actual inspection report from them.

Hmm, what to eat before my first dose of Paxlovid, after which everything will taste like soap for 5 days?

Definitely a first-world problem, but still!

3 Likes

Delta Airlines, I have been going round and round with you for weeks to get the error on my MQMs corrected. It matters. And I have the screenshot to prove that when you sere supposed to add 576 MQMs for one leg of an itinerary, you only added 4!! Why won’t you fix it?? I am tired of excuses and finger pointing. Sheesh. Reminds me of our political representatives!! Excuses and no solutions/ correction!

Do you REALLY think our board is going to approve a proposal that we fork over six figures to your organization without a document specifying what the terms and conditions are? Our board is already primed to turn down this proposal because they couldn’t get a straight answer out of you last year for the same proposal.

No wonder this mess has been continuing for the last three years. Now I’m the lucky one who inherited it. We finally get to the point where we can start to resolve this problem, and then you act in an untrustworthy manner. There was no need for this. You gave us three options, we chose one. The Exec Committee even approved it. The General Board votes on it next Monday.

The email that you open tomorrow morning will not be collegial. We are not fools.

Love, love the food critics of our local paper! Another fantastic, entertaining article about a very dry subject: Thanksgiving turkeys! :laughing: You absolutely rock. :sunglasses:

6 Likes