Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Why is it so hard to find a nice cocktail dress that fits?!

4 Likes

I thought that my dogs had suddenly discovered a deep, profound sense of love for me and all that I do for them. I was overwhelmed with emotion. Turns out, it was little more than the dog bone treats I had accidently placed next to me on my desk.

7 Likes

I wish that you would both just stop. I’m so tired of this!
My husband and I are her parents! You are out of line telling our daughter that you are proud of her for listening to your advice.
Our daughter got married because she wanted to, not because of some asinine ideology that every girl over 18 needs to be married and supported by a man!

I know that you are devastated that you were NOT invited to the wedding but that was her and her husband’s choice. You were purposely excluded because the couple did not want drama and cruelty at their wedding.
IT WAS LOVELY!
She was not any less of a person, as an assertive single woman, with an engineering degree. Nothing has changed. She is no different now than before. No, I don’t know about her schedule for having children and there is no way in hell, that we will ask! It is none of our business and specifically, none of yours.

Did you even consider that the fact that your "girls’ being unmarried has a LOT to do with the fact that you have pushed and driven everyone away? Your girls lack self-esteem, and confidence. They become instantly clingy to anyone who looks at them. Yes, that “marry me” sign is really attractive to men.

6 Likes

Please stop feeling sorry for yourself already. Yes, a brain injury is terrible, but it changed EVERYONE’S lives, not just yours. I still need time to myself. You cannot expect a homemade, fresh-cooked meal that meets your arbitrary (and impossible) standards every single night while I am working full-time and trying to hold our household together.

5 Likes

The truck is getting a new transmission. $4k+

The SUV has been down with a faltering transmission for six months (it won’t go into fifth gear unless we stop the car and put it in park and then go again). We’re trying to sell it for parts at this point.

The third car also has a trashed transmission and today we found out that Ye Olde Supplye Chaine has struck again, and there is NO FIFTH GEAR TO BE HAD in the US, nor does the shop think they’ll even keep making it.

So we are putting in a four-speed. For $2k. Into a 12 year old car. Because that’s cheaper than trying to replace the car right now. We’ll never be able to sell it. And I hate this car. I am so, so tired of car problems.

3 Likes

Why do I do that?? I may as well bang my head against a wall.

Got home from a work conference yesterday and brought COVID home with me. S23 gets home tomorrow morning. Had to cancel our Thanksgiving guests. My doc wanted me on paxlovid (which is helping my lungs already) and I’m isolating in the basement. Just hoping I can test negative in time to give my son some hugs before he goes back — I don’t want to get him sick before finals. I haven’t seen him since August and I was really looking forward to this week!

1 Like

Oh H! Are you trying to gaslight me or yourself with all this talk of taking care of cars and the yard? You never do that. Either I do it or we hire somebody if I can’t.

3 Likes

I truly dislike the holiday season. I will grit my teeth and get through it, as I have every year. For me it just feels like pressure and more pressure. And dark too early! I can make it
it’s only 6 weeks.

3 Likes

I need to stay calm - for me and the rest of my family. It is all going to work out.

4 Likes

I can’t stand when people put on gloves to mix up food during prep (such as making meatballs, etc).
Just mix it with your washed hands or a good spoon, and then wash your hands afterwards, instead of wasting a plastic glove that is only used once.

Or the prepper that wears a pair of gloves and touches EVERYTHING while wearing the gloves. What’s the point of sanitation when you’re touching everything with those gloves? The only thing staying clean are your hands. And again, wasting more plastic gloves into the land fills.

STOP IT!

9 Likes

Quite a week for the Oldmom family. Daughter married last Saturday, grandniece born yesterday morning! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

29 Likes

“Black tie requested”
why do you torment me so!

5 Likes

Two internal candidates for a manager position both hold the same current job title, the female candidate currently has a direct report the male does not. Two completely different interview formats. The female’s interview consisted of the Sr.Director (male) doing a role playing activity where he pretended to be the most obnoxious employee ever to see how she responded. The male candidate had a normal interview with no role playing. Guess who got the job?

AARP.

Okay AARP–you want me to join, then hire some decent marketing folks.

That “r” next to my name means retired, not Rockefeller. I don’t need any fancy fanny packs, carryalls, or other pseudo luggage for last minute weekenders to Paris, London, or Rome.

I want the 1960s package with the lawn chair, the Keep Off The Grass sign, and the deluxe hose nozzle–you know, the one with the multiple settings for kids, varmints, salesmen, and politicians.

5 Likes

SPAM E-MAILS

As a practice, I never open spam emails. But this one has aroused my curiosity. Listed as “Your Dizziness”, I can’t help but wonder whether that was the subject matter or the salutation.

1 Like

I hate car shopping!

9 Likes

Sometimes my body hates me. For the second time in a little over a year, something that was sprayed in my presence decided to make the skin on my face and neck rebel against me. My face and neck are on fire, my eye is swollen, I itch. I’m on antihistamine and prednisone, which makes me feel even worse. I’m missing a fun comedy outing with friends because a) I look like a monster (and I’m vain) and b) I don’t want to leave the couch. Yup, I’m a great big baby.

OTOH, sitting on the couch allowed me to catch the Lions game all the way through that awesome end! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It took 22 minutes for Wendy’s to get our to go order right. They didn’t even get the number of burgers right. Sigh. I’m glad we ordered inside and checked it before we left.

2 Likes

I was expecting that package, which I ordered a while back, would have been here today as scheduled. But you split the order into 2 shipments. One came quickly last week. This one was supposed to come today, and was on the south side of town (per UPS tracking). So why, when UPS handed it off to the local PO, did USPS send the package to Aiken, SC??? Now I won’t have it before we leave :frowning: Arggh!

1 Like