Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Your dog is annoying. Your dog is not a person. Your dog gets in my kitchen one more day and I swear I will punt her shedding hairy self into the backyard. 3 more days, give me strength.

3 Likes

Finishing Paxlovid and still feeling crappy with super-dark line on rapid test on Day 6. I may have to cancel rental car to drive to MA to be with family for the holiday. Oh well, I saw all of them at the wedding and that was glorious!

1 Like

Am I the only one who can or cares to do one holiday at a time?? :thinking:

:turkey: :christmas_tree:

19 Likes

Say what??? I finally recycled all those Bed Bath and Beyond coupons and now Overstock is Bb&B??? WTH?

4 Likes

You’re wrong. You’re factually wrong. You can think whatever you want, but this isn’t about opinions or feelings. It’s about facts. And, you’re wrong.

But, I’m just going to respond, “okay,” because you don’t care about facts anyway. And you value being right over relationship. Even though you aren’t right at all. It’s not worth the energy to battle with you.

So glad I am not going to be sharing a Thanksgiving table with you.

4 Likes

Preferred Pronouns

I think that I am finally getting accustomed to use of preferred pronouns. I prefer Your Honor / El Presidente. Is this okay even though I am neither a judge nor a president, and even though I am not sure that those are pronouns ? What if my first name was Judge ?

6 Likes

I am going to scream.

Grandchildren are adorable. Grandchildren are lovable. Grandchildren are exhausting. Grandchildren are annoying.

More than one thing can be true at the same time.

20 Likes

Me: “I am available on Monday 1pm, and the rest of the afternoon.”

Interviewer: “The 1:00PM time slot has been filled, if you are flexible can you give me a couple of other times that work for you?”

So if the 1pm slot is taken, might I be able to meet at 1:30pm?
or how about 2pm?

I told you I’m available all afternoon.
Did you even read my email?

7 Likes

You can’t ignore me all year then invite yourself to my home for the holidays. That is not how family relationships work. Where are all those friends you gave all your attention to for most of my life? You know, those people you chose to spend holidays with instead of me. I would like to think you’re regretful but narcissists don’t feel empathy. You just want to someone to fawn over you. I won’t do it.

4 Likes

UGH, husband is sick - so far Covid test is negative. My daughter and friend are coming for Thanksgiving (with her staying for a few nights). All the food is bought and the house is all prepped.

2 Likes

Dude, it’s been 4 years. Nobody wants to spend $3 on Facebook Marketplace to buy your used small flower bouquets. Only old ladies buy stuff like that. Do the world a favor and put it in a trash bin.

3 Likes

Seated in a center seat for a 5 hour flight. Haven’t even left the gate yet and I’ve been elbowed by the aisle passenger at least 20 times. Gonna be a long flight

2 Likes

My mom died less than a month ago. For several years, she had hosted a small group of women for lunch and a popular matinee holiday concert that she purchased the tickets for. Mom frequently referred to these “ladies” as the mucketymucks, I believe intending to refer to their superior social standing. The matinee is very popular and is also sold out. This morning I woke to an email that read in part: " > > I know you have a lot on your plate right now but I would just like to ask if you knew that every year your mother made it a tradition that she gifted us with tickets to the ****** Holidayfest, it was important to her, and we all enjoyed sharing it each year. We had already made plans for this year. If you have found the tickets we would like to attend to honor your mother. We also understand if this is too much to ask as we do not want to impose."
So I dutifully found the tickets in Mom’s email and sent them to the witch. Why, I don’t know. How the h*ll is this honoring my mother? But of all the terrible things people have said and done this just showed me what Mom really meant to these horrid women. Mom deserved a lot better.

4 Likes

On my way to pick up GD this morning, traffic slowed to a crawl in front of me. I glanced over and saw a man who looked to be around my age lying in the road. I assume he was hit, although I don’t know for sure. It must have just happened right before I got to that intersection. People were stopped, and someone was standing over him, so there was no reason for me to stop. But I started crying, and I can’t stop thinking about him.

1 Like

Dear Amazon,
I know it’s raining and miserable, but we really need those litter boxes before the extra 2 cats arrive tomorrow.

2 Likes

This is nuts! D was driving to a town hall meeting about traffic safety, stopped at an intersection to wait to make a left turn, and a taxi plowed into her car!

Then S and his GF got in her car to come rescue D and someone hit them!

Everyone is okay, thankfully! But, C’MON! What is going on??? It’s a rainy night but this is crazy.
’

Ceasefire. Here’s hoping!

9 Likes

Well this is not going to be a typical Thanksgiving. My husband is in our bedroom sleeping as he is sick. My daughter locked herself in the other bedroom because she does not want to get sick.

1 Like

H has been sick for about a week (and I have stayed healthy). Covid test Sunday was negative and he went to urgent care today where they tested for Covid, strep and flu. All were negative. Doctor gave him a steroid shot and said it is probably bacterial. Doctor also said he doesn’t believe H is contagious so we will be with family tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

It will be the first time in about 10 years that my parents will have all of their children and grandchildren together for the day. It will be a nice day tomorrow in the mid 70’s at my parents house so we will probably set up to eat outside.

11 Likes