Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Female body autonomy and rights is NOT a political issue.

13 Likes

Iā€™m so happy the real-life tr0lls in our community didnā€™t succeed. It was an honor to stand in front of the horrible sign you put up in front of town hall that mocked one of the school board candidates. That candidate got the most votes of any of the four people running! Iā€™m glad my daughter ā€œdemonstratedā€ with us, also. One of the two tr0lls is supposedly selling his house and moving out of town. I canā€™t wait. The other tr0ll moved to New Hampshire quite awhile ago but has targeted our community for some reason. I guess weā€™ll have to keep dealing with him.

I wonder if Tucker Carlson will do a follow-up story since the tr0ll he interviewed and gushed over failed so miserablyā€¦

14 Likes

Watching you two speak makes me so proud. Happy tears and lower blood pressure.

2 Likes

If you reach out to me on LinkedIn with a career related question and ask for advice, and I respond that I would be happy to talk, donā€™t tell that you are too busy at the moment and donā€™t know when you could talk. Generation BZ is entering the workforceā€¦ shaking my head.

Thank you for reminding me why I stay away from family as much as possible. Youā€™re manipulative and itā€™s driving me even farther away. Iā€™m so happy I live in a different state.

Just when I think we canā€™t sink any lower as a society, I hear about a social media platform where people pay you to have a say in what you do. I know my history, and I know every great civilization has eventually fallen. While I keep holding out hope that somehow this great experiment wonā€™t fail ā€¦ I just donā€™t know anymore.

Update: And after reading the latest posts on the FB page for the lake where we have a cottage, I am convinced trouble is ahead. How on earth do people think it is okay to talk to others that way??? The rudeness and name calling is beyond ridiculous, and it makes me so sad.

8 Likes

Dear whomever is designing womenā€™s clothes this year - We would like shirts that cover our midriff, arenā€™t see through, and cover our bra straps. Women need appropriate clothes to wear to work (really to just wear in public). I have gone into several stores this year where not one summer shirt met these 3 requirements. I really donā€™t think this is too much to ask.

34 Likes

Red tide stinks. Literally.

6 Likes

Car repairs - you never look forward to them, and they always cost more than you think they should!

1 Like

Well. I guess ā€œDo as I say and not as I doā€ lives on, even in the most unlikely of places.

I am a really positive person but why do I always seem to sound like Chicken Little or that the glass is half empty? I feel bad mentioning budget, or low acceptance rates, but we all have to be realistic.

7 Likes

Just saw a New York Times report that those who are dying of COVID these days are UNVACCINATED people age 50-74. GET VACCINATED, PEOPLE!!!

Sick of hearing family members who had COVID over the winter and think they are immune forever----the antibodies only last about 3 monthSā€”GET VACCINATED, PLEASE!!!

17 Likes

Does make me chuckle :face_with_hand_over_mouth:just a bit. You know what they say about the best laid plans.

1 Like

Oh the good old days when cable had little or no commercials. Now there are so many the service should be free.

2 Likes

Since the tennis thread hasnā€™t been active in so long, Iā€™m going to say it here. I was excited to watch Nadal and Djokovic this morning (hopefully, with Rafa winning), but I am in CDT, so NBC has me one hour delayed for live action as is their custom. I HATE IT when they do this and I had forgotten about how they do this since pandemic turned tennis upside down last year. I am watching the 4th set of the other semi and know how that match is going in real time. I know thatā€™s what my D calls a champagne problem, but it is a pet peeve with NBC. At least NBC no longer has Wimbledon where they would also do this in years gone by.

3 Likes

All these shortages of car parts make me think, ā€œAre we going to be driving like the Flintstones soon?!ā€ Yabba Dabba Doo! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Now I know the truth. I am a Rare Breed. No wonder I canā€™t suffer fools! :innocent:

2 Likes

Some of these conversations make it crystal clear that families have different expectations. Pretty thankful for mine.

3 Likes

Weather forecast for our home town:

Weather forecast for where weā€™re headed:

Priceless.

27 Likes