Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

One sane Senator. :pray:
Will they do it? :thinking:
Will it matter? :worried:

1 Like

Unsubstantiated rumor regarding college football:

In response to SEC (Southeastern Conference) considering logo change to $EC, Big Ten considering logo change to Big $$$$$$$$$$.

P.S. Yup, thereā€™s 10 of 'em.

I was the only parent out of the large group who was willing to admit that I dont track my children daily by some sort of location app. Not sure if Im parenting wrong or right.

23 Likes

Havenā€™t watched a soccer match in decades, but I just finished watching the Olympic finals in menā€™s soccer. Very exciting ! Loved it !

But a bit concerned that the sport may be under-funded as I am certain that I am not the only one who noticed that they played the entire time with a broken game clock.

1 Like

Very important to learn & understand the meaning of terms within a particular industry. Yesterday I placed a wager on a ā€œsure thingā€. Foolish me, I didnā€™t understand that in the gambling industry the term ā€œsure thingā€ means ā€œthe house always winsā€.

1 Like

Does it ever occur to you that experiences other than yours and your childrenā€™s are valid? My gosh, the judgement drips off of you and my guess is that you have no idea thatā€™s the impression you leave.

17 Likes

What a wonderful visit with my MIL today. I was not expecting it to go so well. Iā€™m still smiling, because she was so happy.

22 Likes

Why do I worry so much about my adult kids? Daughter and family just cancelled a much needed vacation due to the rise in Covid cases, and because she is sick. She is sure it isnā€™t Covid, but couldnā€™t get a test before flying, and felt is would not be responsible of her to board a plane. As her 2 year old isnā€™t the healthiest, she and her husband felt there was no reason to go out of town to sit in their rental when not out hiking as they are not comfortable with the baby at outside dining.

This is the 3rd time they have tried to get away in the last 5 months, and each time ended poorly. The first was a 2 night get away without the baby a few hours away from their home. They got about 26 hours free until dinner on the second night where daughter and SIL got food poisoning; they both spent the evening in the bathroom! The next trip was with GD, also a few hours from home where they planned to swim and enjoy outdoors activities. It ended up raining and was cool out, and GD ended up with croup so they came home.

Besides the loss of money for the rentals, they still have not had a vacation or more than 1 night away from the baby. I do realize they are not the only ones in this boat due to Covid, but I see their disappointment and wish I could fix it. Next year they want to go to Hawaii, and have asked if I will come and babysit. Hopefully this will be the vacation that works!

5 Likes

Weā€™re so close to retirement. Iā€™m ready to move abroad at least part time. Just need the courage to do it.

9 Likes

I could cry. Our son got his visa in Lebanon straightened out and is on a plane on his way home. Heā€™s out of that hellhole. He plans to join his Syrian fiancĆ©e in France next month (she got a scholarship from the French government for advanced studies in computer science). So happy for both of them.

(It makes me sad to call Lebanon a hellhole. It has deteriorated greatly since our visit there in 2018. I donā€™t think Americans realize what dire straits the country is in and what the implications are for the entire region.)

36 Likes

NO, I canā€™t go through this again. I hope it is just a one time thing, for the sack of her mental and physical health.

1 Like

Well, at least we are safe. Engine failure over the pacific i could have done without , but will spend one more morning walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø n the beach courtesy of the airlines.

15 Likes

You gave her the silent treatment for over a year. Now sheā€™s the bad guy because sheā€™s finally broken free and wonā€™t respond to your pointless texts. Something new for you to feel sorry for yourself about.

8 Likes

Thanks so much, my Hā€™s nosy sister. You made my son very sad. You hadnā€™t seen him since he & his long time GF broke up. You asked H about it & he told you it just didnā€™t work out. That should have been enough. But today when you saw him, you chose to press my S about why ā€¦ and unfortunately, because he really isnā€™t over it after a year & a half, you made him feel awful. You are divorced ā€¦ I would think you would have a bit more empathy.

Everyone else has their family nearby. Iā€™m feeling very sorry for myself.

So you think youā€™re funny saying, ā€œHappy Halloweenā€ to people with masks?!!

If I would have been quicker on my feet, I would have answered, ā€œHappy Halloween to you, too. I see youā€™re a family of devils and witches.ā€

19 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how this all went from bad to worse? Desperately need better news soon.

2 Likes

You people need to get a grip because you bring new meaning to the term helicopter parents :helicopter: I understand asking questions in the parent group but how much difference do you honestly think there is between room 406 and 408??? And if someone posted a picture of 406 do you really need to see 408?

5 Likes

Well arenā€™t you specialā€¦

1 Like

If you are an aggrieved parent about to pick up the phone to call your childā€™s college/university administration to complain, I would recommend grabbing the nearest available periodical in your home, rolling it up into the tightest cylindrical baton possible and then repeatedly whacking yourself upside the head with it.

13 Likes