Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Stressed about my dad and his wife. Hopefully their situation will work itself out. Wish there was more I could do to help.

2 Likes

I’m speechless and disgusted.

1 Like

Seven boxes arrived from Austin today, full of items I picked out from my parents’ house. They all have special meaning to me. I’m surprised how sad I am, though.

11 Likes

Again

I feel better. I’ve done all I can do to mend this rift – and I don’t even know the cause of the rift to begin with. Time will tell.

1 Like

I’m glad someone has the sense to look out for our students, faculty and staff. Thank you!

3 Likes

Character. Yours is lacking. I really can’t believe you are blaming her for your poor choices.

1 Like

I truly stink at waiting.

6 Likes

Because I can’t say this anywhere else lest I lose my rep as a serious, politically minded individual 

The Sex and the City reboot looks horrible. Why do I need to see these women age when I can look in the mirror if I’m dying to see an aging woman? And they finally have a black friend? But one who’s as light as she can be? No disrespect to Nicole Ari Parker intended, just sayin’ 

10 Likes

Not a popular viewpoint, but I don’t get the histrionics about dropping your kid off at college. There is no prize for whomever can cry the most/be the saddest.

Likewise, the fact that I did not cry at drop off seven years ago doesn’t make me “better” than you, but it also doesn’t make me a lousy parent or indicate that I am not close to our ds because I didn’t. I do know you’re struggling, so I shall keep my tearless drop-off history to myself.

She’s going to be just fine.

13 Likes

Karma, it’s about time you got here.

11 Likes

Thank God I never have to go through that again.

3 Likes

Thankful to county council and state Supreme Court that cleared the way for mask mandate as school starts. D is 3rd grade teacher. School starts tomorrow for students. Of course tonight she got notice that a student in her classes is quarantined. Already.

5 Likes

How about we throw out the numbers reporting for a change and just focus on the human and empathetic aspects.

3 Likes

To the unvaxed ( was “researching) teacher who contracted Covid mid July, hospitalized, air lifted to another hospital, put on a ventilator ( now off)- no, I will not contribute to your go fund me 
.I wish you well but your choice, your consequences.

28 Likes

I am so done with summer and the heat and humidity

14 Likes

I hope you find a way to make it successful.
I know you’re stressed.
You’ve been so successful so far - you’ve got this.

5 Likes

My sweet doggie.

The moment I picked you up and peeked in the carrier you were mine and I was yours. You of the sparkling eyes and button nose. The little tail. The sonar ear. Hedgie and schnoodely doodeley. You were my best friend and baby. Your spot next to me will never be filled.

9 Likes

Well this week I have officially launched my gap year, Class of 2025 college freshman! While I certainly will miss her, it’s such an exciting time that I can be nothing but excited for her. While sad to see her go, I know she is in good hands and will have an amazing 4 years.

29 Likes

Wow, what a difficult process. We ended up not selecting any of the three candidates and are sticking with our interim executive director. I’m hoping she decides to stay on permanently. The candidates paled in comparison to her.

4 Likes