Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Most shocking quote of the day:

“It’s the student, not the school, that creates success.”

What is shocking is who authored this comment, not the content of the quote.

1 Like

Pardon my “french” but my nephew has just been diagnosed with brain cancer. So yes, @% cancer!

1 Like

The only thing more draining than the Covid pandemic is the perseveration on everything Covid…

2 Likes

The patients are sicker than those who have been admitted in the spring. Some are on ECMO. All are unvaccinated, apparently. Pediatric residency was not supported to be this heartbreaking. Hugs.

4 Likes

My neighbor is moving in two weeks and taking his cat that lives with us. Am worried the cat will be as sad as we will be.

1 Like

“Three kids in a class, Infamous, Lovely, and Mega…”

No, not the beginning of a joke. They are in one of H’s classes this year.

2 Likes

Damn it. We are trending towards another shut-down fall. Still have not attended a damn Brown football game and haven’t seen Wesleyan and Williams square off in 3 years.

I’m not kidding when I say that, when the dust settles, the composition of my social circle, family included, will be permanently affected. No apologies.

Companies are now paying people to get vaccinated. Imagine the level of stupid in the person who didn’t get it “because aluminum!!!” and now will get it for $500. :roll_eyes:

Name of Friend on FB: You pretty much never know what you’re talking about, even when the topic is rudimentary and accessible. So now we’re to look to you and your thoughts for guidance on complex matters of immunology and virology? Eh, I’ll go with the legions of qualified PhDs and their thoughts, thanks.

Get. The. Damn. Vaccine!

30 Likes

I think I wrote this during the Olympics but am watching the Prefontaine Classic right now and still think … Gabby Thomas, leave something for the rest of us! It’s not fair that you are so smart (studied neurobiology at Harvard and getting a master’s in epidemiology at UT) and athletic (two-time medalist) AND beautiful.

11 Likes

You are going to do a half. Ok that is cool. Oh WAIT! A WHAT!!! A half that involves a bike ride? You mean a HALF? God, what kind of kids did we raise!!!

3 Likes

The bulldozer is clearly visible in the background of that huge pile of rocks you are trying to sell on “nextdoor” as Landscaping rocks?!? Too funny. How much did the guys with the bulldozers want to charge you to haul them off?

Report From Iron Mountain was right.

It is just not that hard to grasp the concept people!

5 Likes

Okay, you got your 500. Now please retire. As a contributor to the team, you are not holding up your end anymore.

1 Like

Perhaps if you’d separated your personal stuff from the account, you wouldn’t have lost everything when it was locked. I can’t imagine who wants to see the unprof items you linked and re-posted. :nauseated_face: Now you’re begging for $$ because you lost followers. Too bad, so sad.

When renting a house via VRBO or others, be sure to screen shot the listing. It just might change by the time you travel to your destination.

Somehow the boat slip disappeared.

(But she forgot to remove the caption “with boat slip” from her photos).

Lesson learned.

3 Likes

Read your emails and maybe even click onto the Q&A document before complaining that your child’s school does not communicate in the Facebook group - ugh!!!

2 Likes

At some point you should treat them as the adults they are and let them figure things out/make their own decisions.

10 Likes

I have to say, I’m just really so angry about how CDC has handled this. I get the political pressures and the desire for a political win, but I think the single most harmful thing that happened was Rochelle telling people they could now run around maskless on the honor system and it would all be daisies and butterflies. It’s not as though we couldn’t see delta coming around the corner.

4 Likes

I get that you are an adult and free to make your own decisions but why does it seem that they are all not-so-subtle ways of pushing the rest of us away? You have to do you, I get it, but you also have to understand some of us are getting fed up. :pensive: :disappointed:

1 Like