Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

My new hero, 97/98 year old investor Charlie Munger who said he wishes that cryptocurrency was never invented & he praises China for forbidding use of cryptocurrencies.

(Guess who missed the cryptocurrency bonanza.)

I fly even though I have no idea why planes don’t fall from the sky or how they got up there in the first place.

I drive even though I have no idea how the internal combustion engine works.

Yet, I won’t buy cryptocurrencies because I don’t understand how they have value. I do know that cryptocurrencies defy the law of gravity & I do know that folks get rich investing in cryptocurrencies. So why do I feel the need to understand cryptocurrencies before I invest in them ? I think about this as I drive to the airport & while flying to my destination.

9 Likes

Drowning.

My Roomba has stopped working. Just. Stopped. Working. I’m going to have to call the tech support people, which I hate doing. Hate. Doing.

Hell is not having things work and having to deal with tech support.

10 Likes

What kind of person refuses to pay $100/year for road dues as was required when he bought the land? I guess we will put a second lien on it since he now owes us $2,900 in dues, interest, and legal fees. He will probably just default on his taxes and when the state seizes it we will get nothing (that’s how the law works in Maine). :rage:

Her singing is fingernail on blackboard material

Yes, I know that the cat puked on the floor :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I have been informed three times already. I do not have dementia, lol. I’m just playing a game of chicken… :rofl: maybe someone will grab a paper towel and clean it up instead of telling me for the Nth time that the cat puked on the floor… :wink:

34 Likes

Nice job Utes! Rose Bowl next.

2 Likes

No, we are not getting a flocked tree!

7 Likes

How on earth do you not immediately take your child for help when you see something like that???

20 Likes

Roll Tide!

This has been an awful week and for a little while watching the game my mind was distracted and the world felt right.

4 Likes

Can’t imagine what it was like to be in Indianapolis or Ann Arbor last night. What a great day to be a Wolverine. :blush:

Go Blue!

7 Likes

Typically, I do not believe in conspiracy theories, but the SEC had what might be viewed as its greatest day ever in college football yesterday when #3 Alabama beat #1 Georgia in college football. This assures that of the 4 college football teams to play for the national championship, the SEC will have two, while blocking the Big Ten from having two in the four team playoff.

Alabama won too easily over Georgia. Won’t be the same if there is a rematch in the playoffs.

Alabama’s victory blocked consideration of the Big Ten’s Ohio State as well as future Big Ten Notre Dame for the 4 teams in the playoffs for the college football national championship.

The four teams will be Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, & Cincinnati.

1 Like

I can’t believe that none of you recognized the stupidity shown by that choice, particularly given the timing.

1 Like

Hoping the third time really is the charm :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Why have you been feeling the need to text me multiple times sharing your negativity about small things. I honestly think you could get a million dollars, be out of debt, have your own property, and still not be happy for more than a minute or two.

It’s sad and I wish there were answers.

But for now, I’m not texting back. Soon my guy will be back from his errand and we’re going to be playing games, making Christmas cookies, and enjoy what you KNOW is our day to celebrate Christmas with him.

Yes, my day is going better than yours. I kinda think you could type that about all 365 days in the year TBH. But you could fix yours if you were to change your attitude. Many people have great lives despite hitting roadblocks far, far greater than any you’ve encountered. Read about Bob Dole’s background and see what he did with his life after his war injuries totally disrupted his plans. What’s a simple knee surgery compared to that?

I guess I could get back on your naughty list by texting you that (again). It’s tempting. If I weren’t convinced it was a mental illness vs something you can control, I would.

2 Likes

I wonder whether or not the Las Vegas odds-makers will even bother setting odds for a Michigan v. Cincinnati National College Football Championship game–even though such a match-up could be great for college football.

Unfortunately, if it is Alabama v. Georgia, I probably won’t even watch.

4 Likes

Not a great day for Iowa fans.

2 Likes

I think I solidly realize today that overall, I don’t enjoy shopping in store much overall! Those few stops I made, seemed pointless - terrible selection, not a good experience. I am sorry for brick and mortar stores but besides local bookstores, local shops, - I really rather click and pick.

10 Likes

Doing the right thing is hard sometimes

3 Likes

Winning the National Playoffs would be nice if it happens, but beating Ohio and then becoming Big Ten Champs? I’m happy.

Hail!

5 Likes