Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

Hey co-workers, I like seeing you each morning and hearing the “quick and dirty” version of your evening or weekend…but I am starting to get hesitant to even start a conversation when you seem to think that warrants 20 minutes of detail about what you did or didn’t do! And then multiply that by more than one co-worker.

I need to get my morning started!

I love living in Maine. I even like the cold and snow. But the darkness late afternoon is getting harder for me every year. :frowning:

Now that you’re going to have some time on your hands, you might want to listen to Tim McGraw’s “Humble and Kind” and take the advice as a growth opportunity. Good riddance!

Moving dad to assisted living today. After two months in the hospital and rehab, it is clear he can’t go back to living on his own. He is sad. I hope he finds some friends and some activities that will make his final years at least tolerable. He so wanted to stay in his house until he died, but it is so big and isolated and he keeps falling. Please say a quick prayer or send positivity that this works out!

I admire your organization, ambition, and tenacity, but sometimes you can’t control it all. You also need to learn to go with the flow. I’m worried about you. I think you need to chill a bit.

Without a solid public transit system, we are going to leave a giant traffic mess to our kiddos, much worse than the current mess that was left to us by our older residents. Shame on you, people, but also shame on you, our public servants, for getting us here with your inflated car values scheme that really ticked off the public.

Yes, when someone tells you they are about to donate stock to your organization, and asks you to provide confirmation when the donation is received, it is polite to check up on the account and get back to the donor with confirmation. Thanks would be a nice bonus, but confirmation is sort of the minimum requirement.

I have two gripes

1. no one and I mean no one can hit that button like your sibling can. Ugh!

2. seriously Mother Nature, it’s too early for this snow crap. Could you wait until after thanksgiving? Geez

I am intentionally changing friend groups and I think one person in particular thinks that means I have no friends. How nice that when I was out for drinks last night she turned up and saw that I do have friends, just different and new ones from the old toxic ones I’m distancing myself from!

43 days until DS leaves Lebanon with his college degree. Can’t come too soon.

Those poor children shot to death by the drug cartel! Those selfish, self centered street drug users have their blood on their consciences. If they had such a thing.

One is only as happy as one’s least happy child. :frowning:

Got home from being out of town for a few days (and in a little bubble) but now it feels like the world is already shoving the holidays in our faces. Such a turn off to me!

The city who keeps voting for these clowns really deserves this Clowncil… sigh.

And another gym rant: so mister- you are a grown up. When you get on the treadmill next to someone else, consider bringing headphones or earbuds. Maybe the person next to you is listening to something else with their earphones and doesn’t want to hear your phone speaker blasting the sound to what you are watching: The Family Guy.

Dear former high school teammate of my kid,

Until I can send your parents tuition fundraising appeals, please do not send me letters asking to fund your teams spring break trips,

Sincerely,
Tapped out

Thank you Günter Schabowski . Thirty years ago your fumbling misstatement freed a bound and imprisoned people.

She’s gone now. You can come home.

Such a large world with so many critical issues, yet so many small-minded, petty people…

I had an marvelous time listening to the mediocre music, watching the people, at the funky bar I have wanted to go to for years. You were nice to go, no complaints. But you did not make it fun at all. “It was interesting”. No, not your high brow music. You seemed uncomfortable. You would not even understand if I spelled it out to you. Such a drag.