Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

I thought you were going to leave me a widow tonight! So grateful you are still breathing. Love you!

I just used my new tile shower for the first time. Found a chip the guy is trying to tell me is not, and a crack in a tile, right at eye level. I paid way more than I planned (Isnā€™t that how projects go?) and now Iā€™m really unhappy. Hopefully they will make it right, and fix the door they scratched too. The guy wanted me to leave him a check the day he was finishing. I did leave him a check, but held 15% back. I was feeling a little guilty, but now Iā€™m glad I did. This ā€œlittleā€ project and the problems weā€™ve had make me afraid to take on anything larger.

If you did your research, youā€™d find out that heā€™s right.

To quote Cinderelmo:
If youā€™ve got a dream,
do something
Itā€™s not enough to dream,
do something

Tile guys have removed the old flooring. Tomorrow they should start sticking the tile down. I hope they are able to finish before Thanksgiving. I donā€™t think they realize itā€™s going to take me a whole day to get all this dust cleaned up. Then I have to cook. Should have told him no when he said he could start Thursday, but I have been on the waiting list for four months and didnā€™t want to pass up the opportunity to finally get the floors done.

FOUR WEEKS until youā€™re out of that miserable place!

My girl is coming home! My girl is coming home! TODAY!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!

While itā€™s absolutely true that one of the things that makes America great is that itā€™s a country of immigrants, why do people feel that they have to justify their decision to come here with unrealistic criticism of their home country, which simply plays to US stereotypes.

In particular, if you leave to do your PhD in the US, you canā€™t possibly know that a ā€œvery distinctive working-class accentā€ would have ā€œimpeded my professional advancementā€ in the England of the 1980s and ā€™90s. I had the same background and accent, and it simply didnā€™t.

On the other hand, going to St Andrews rather than Oxbridge (a choice that was unheard of at that time in northern England unless you failed to get into Oxbridge) potentially would have impeded your professional advancement in the UK government/civil service, but thatā€™s not such a good soundbite.

Three whole days of tearing out and prepping my floors for tile. My brother is so much in demand because he does it right. Two days to lay the 850 sq ft of tile and one day to grout. Hopefully I can get this mess cleaned up on Wednesday. Good thing I have that day off.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, I have pink eye in both eyes. Plus nasal allergies and an annoying cough. But doc said my lungs are clear and my blood pressure is great! Whoop!

One step forward, two steps back. I donā€™t care as long as you fully recover.

Some of the nicest people ever reside on CC. :smiley:

You edit your photos on social media so heavily that you look like a cartoon. Just be you. Sheesh.

Yes, your kid walks on water, but that doesnā€™t make you an authority on anything. LOL

Being trapped in the back of my house while my flooring is replaced has confirmed that I could very well make do with 1/3 of my house. If I just had a fridge and microwave back hereā€¦

Your FB post about being kind was great exceptā€¦the examples of unkindness were women ā€œhatingā€ other women for being pretty or having a great job. Do women our age really think that way? I like to think that at some point we realize that no matter what someone elseā€™s life looks on the outside we all have our problems and challenges. And that all women are not ā€œjealousā€ of others.
Maybe Iā€™m reading too much into it.

I knew it would be a long, hard slog to recovery, but I didnā€™t imagine it would be this difficult.

You know what, dude? The ship ainā€™t gonna fly with such sails. ? Happy sinkinā€™.

I wanted today to be better.

I wish people understood about glass ceilings, even for PhDs.

Yes, Iā€™m angry at you for giving the dog treats so often that he now follows you around the house & sits by your side.

You just couldnā€™t resist. You had to go and interfere with one my greatest joys in life.

Am I taking it too seriously & too personally? You bet I am.