Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

Dude, irregardless is NOT the correct word. I believe you mean, “regardless.”

The waiting is agony.

My friend died last night. The picture chosen for her obituary shows how sparkly she always was…and that will be my precious last memory of her. Thanks to her sisters.

Should have stayed downtown and done some shopping. Expecting to get a lethal dose of reality TV at home tonight!

This update is pretty sketchy.

Because I’m logged in as my usual decade plus name , and it’s posting my comments as some weird never before name. Really?

As much as I love Austin, I don’t think I could live here again. I was honked at three times in one day although I was not trying to annoy anyone. There’s just not enough road capacity for the traffic volume.

I really want to respond with something sarcastic but I have to be kind and respectful.

I’m so happy for you that your friends are making the trek out to visit you but I’m honestly not looking forward to having my space invaded by this many kids, for this many days. Even our family doesn’t stay this long.

In typical fashion you are stressing me out as the holiday nears. Can’t you manage to “go with the flow” of company, and extra tasks and extra people around for like a week? I don’t need to manage “Christmas by Abasket” and tip toe around your attitude too.

Also, yes, our dog was a little stressed out last night with another dog (like a tiny dog!) visiting but he was smart and just escaped to the second floor and chilled out. No animals were being aggressive or barking or causing a ruckus. It was rude that you dumped our DIL opening her bday gifts to go upstairs and sit with the dog for a half hour. He was totally fine - you apparently were not! Now I’m wondering how to handle another pup (good, sweet pup) who is suppose to visit on Sunday and your D1 who is asking if the dog in her life can stay at our house for a couple of days during her visit.

Because I need another thing to stress about in the midst of everything going on!!!

When you stop in and complain after every visit we make to your house, you lose credibility. So today when you came in to complain after we already credited you $100 even though your equipment was the problem I didn’t back down with more price concessions and you promised to not use our company again. Thank goodness - 10 years of your unhappiness has been enough.

Nearly ready for Christmas, except for wrapping, grocery shopping and cooking. Oh, and cleaning house and dragging out the Christmas dishes to set the table. sigh

I really didn’t want to have the party at that time, but I let myself get talked into it. Not sure why. I don’t think my kids will be able to make it, but they probably don’t want to come, anyway. It makes me sad … this is all I have left of my extended family.

Yes! That’s the right attitude. You will get through this, and you WILL land on your feet. In the meantime you can count on my support. Because I totally believe in you.

Whoo hoo – I gave you a suggestion, and you thought it was fantastic. Mom’s not out of it yet!!

I feel like an orphan today. It’s my birthday today and my mom died three weeks ago. I feel adrift and sad. Only three friends remembered it is my birthday. My mom always made it super special because my birthday is so close to Christmas, and everyone always has other things on their minds. I miss my mom so much, and the special place I held in her heart. I feel so alone.

He’s coming home today! He’s coming home today! He’s coming home today! Christmas is here! :slight_smile:

UGH. Good luck with that.

OMG you are so messy you make my kid, whose room I usually can’t even look at, seem like Marie Kondo.

He’s home! Only for three weeks, but that’s ok. It’s been nearly two years since he was last in-country. On to Caps games, visiting cousins, cooking and making friends with the dog. :slight_smile: Is also nice to have a strong young man to help me schlep stuff out of the house!