Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

I’m sure your co-workers will be thrilled to hear you hacking up a lung from your office today. Dumb decision. Dumb!

Another vocabulary evolution I will fight and lose, but here goes:

Your tax RETURN is the form, paper or electronic, that you send to the IRS* to report on your income and tax obligation.

Your tax REFUND is the money you get back from the Treasury after filing your return.

*The IRS is the agency that implements tax laws passed by Congress. They don’t make the rules, they just call the game.

If you bury a brief message to me deep within an email exchange with my daughter, don’t expect me to see it.

I would like to understand the logic behind sending your only child to community college and state school to save money then spending more than half a million dollars on his wedding, buying him a $100k car. He didn’t get in medical school after trying for three years, got stuck with a useless undergrad degree, now attending a cheap low tier local business school. If anyone else can understand these priorities, please do explain.

Bummer. Loved that jacket and the deal! But the 2 way zipper was acting wonky, and they didn’t have another in my size. Back it went … :frowning:

Please let this work out for him or have something else pop up immediately. He is getting discouraged and I’m afraid my D anxiety is going to kick in if this doesn’t resolve.

One minute I’m making snarky remarks about an annoying coworker, the next I’m reeling from the news of his sudden death. I wish I’d been kinder when I had the chance.

Come on, be the helicopter parents. Your kid is NOT in China because touring SKorea during a break. Great—do the smart thing and have her fly straight home to HI, NOT go back to China and quarantine! Seems like fewer and fewer airlines will have flights out of China to anywhere!

Wow—why aren’t you guys being a bit more proactive about all of this? You guys are MDs and it’s YOUR kid, not mine! The State Dept has just banned all travel to China!

You kid has asthma too, making her more susceptible and more likely to do poorly if she gets ill with ANY cold or virus. Please be kind and smart, dear loved ones!

So very happy to learn that the afternoon class has been cancelled because of lack of enrollment. My semester will be a lot more manageable with only three to teach. :slight_smile:

Have to wonder how big the payoff will be for you even as you throw everyone else under the bus.

I believe Elsa of Arendelle said it best “Let It Go”.
We get it - we hear you - but we just really want you to stop. Because even though you think you know it all, you don’t.

What a morning. Note lack of !

Ugh-this coronavirus is killing my 401k. First world problem, I know…

UMD admissions, your silence sucks. You could have just given an exact day. What benefit is there to stringing people on, other than building anxiousness?

A 16-month-old printer should not stop working. But it did. :frowning:

I can’t believe you still haven’t stated in no uncertain terms that the only place your kid will fly from SKorea to HNL, but I guess everyone has different ideas and priorities.

Have people simply forgotten how to find information for themselves? Google is your friend.

I can’t believe what your kid just told mine! It’s not really his business what kind of relationship I have with our mother. Mine is now really upset. What have you been talking about with or around him? He doesn’t know the history I have with her - like how she cut us out of her life when my son, her first and only grandchild at the time, was a baby because I told her not to keep asking about some dishes that she thought I had lost. She’s a piece of work! Maybe I should tell him how she thinks his grandfather who has just been evaluated for hospice looks so much better since he’s lost weight!! There are numerous reasons why we don’t visit and your family does and you do a lot of the work. Only one of which is that you have the free time and money to fly there frequently. She’s never been there for me and I don’t feel the need to be there for her. Self care is a goal of mine!

Yay—your kid is at long last coming home, before she’s unable to leave China. Good decision—finally!