Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

Leaving one of my Happy Places this morning - Grand Cayman. we’ve been here many times, but this is the first we’ve experienced a 7.x earthquake.
We looked at each other and said “We’ve only had 1 drink…”

I never lost my faith in the Lord, but I certainly have in humanity. I feel like a very different species than the masses around me and I have to learn to fit in again or at least fake it. This is not depression but awareness and sadness. I’ll get over it…just ranting.

I cringe every time I see or hear the word ‘REJECTED’. I wonder who came up with that word and if that was the only thing they could think of to describe the decision. How about ‘Denied’. There is still going to be disappointment but somehow being denied something that I wanted doesn’t feel as bad as being rejected.

I know white “athleisure” shoes are trendy, but why do they make my size 7 feet look so huge?

My daughter’s fiancé wore the limited edition Big Bird socks that I gave him for Christmas to Caroll Spinney’s funeral today and they were a big hit! They worked together on Sesame Street for a number of years.

I guess I really don’t fly often. Trying to book what should be a cheap trip and things have gotten so complicated. The cheap fares don’t allow you a carry on anymore - whose bright idea was this? And you can’t pick your seats either? I am used to no food, expensive bag checking fee, but I think this is getting crazy!

I apparently just earned my 6th Anniversary badge. Wow, time flies.

Lesson for the future- if you have a net worth of $600 million, some people will excuse anything, and be ever so impressed by the monetary crumbs you share.

OK, 49ers, you have been (somewhat) forgiven - because you have a female coach who uses a Microsoft Surface. ?

I’m glad you host the Super Bowl party every year, but your food choices are downright boring. Every. Year.

Hey, bossypants. Give it a rest.

And that attitude is part of why we are not encouraging those schools. They just are not a good fit!

Our free pets are baaaack!

Well, our lesson for the weekend is that four-wheel drive doesn’t mean you can’t get badly stuck in the middle of the wilderness. We were darned lucky to get out of that one. AAA sure couldn’t have helped. I’m glad the kind snowmobilers came along.

I recently was forced to change gyms - my long time favorite closed for an extensive remodel.

I know each place has their own culture. I know the new place has a younger crowd (they offer childcare). I don’t want to be the ‘old grump’ who doesn’t get it and was just left behind.

But honestly kids…if the front door has a big sign saying ‘cell free zone’, you can reasonable assume that this includes the IR sauna!!!

And as for sauna etiquette might I make the following suggestions:

1. keep your danged phone out of it. I harbor a secret wish that the thing would just melt in your hand.
  2. When the sign says 'must wear clothing - ie swim suit - it does NOT mean come in with the clothing you just wore to the fitness class. You STINK.
  3. Yes, it's a small sauna - fits 3. If two other people come in, move your danged feet and make room.
  4. And to the young lady this morning - in her post workout clothing - dear lord, I hope someone tells you about those stinky feet. And wearing your sweaty post workout socks and proceeding to put them right next to my bumm puts you in the worst class of ignoramus. (But hey, you were busy on your cell phone).

Looks like some of the bad energy you put out into the world is coming back on you.
Karma sure is a …

Suck it up buttercup.

Enough with the virtue signaling. Celebrate the bad news, wish the man well, or shut up. But don’t pat yourself on the back for pretending you wish him well. Nobody is buying it.

Sigh. Back to square one for him. It’s a helpless felling since I have no real advice or way to help.

It’s annoying when a really large vehicle parks in a manner taking up four parking spaces. Annoying, but understandable, and it actually makes a lot of sense.

But I can’t wrap my head around the idea of taking up four spaces with a Prius. You, sir or ma’am, are an idiot.