Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

Tips if you know someone in hospice:

1. Don’t drop by unannounced.
  2. Don’t lecture the family on how they should be trying alternative medicine, getting the patient to walk more, and reading Bible verses to him.
  3. Don’t be surprised if the family reacts negatively when you ignore tips 1 and 2.

I do not know whether I should cry or laugh!!!

My puppy is exhausted after first visit to the vet. Ear infection, nails clipped, shots—what was I thinking? I think I’m too old to start over with a puppy. But she is such a sweety .

Flying tomorrow and just printed my boarding pass. I was assigned a middle seat. First time ever. Because I am a solo traveler, I always get an aisle or window. Bummer. Guess next time I will pay extra to choose my seat.

My ex and his wife need to stop manipulating the kids because they are angry with me (for following the court order). After a decade of this I’m just tired of it all. He’s lost his parents, sisters and his oldest son because of his actions already. I was really hoping his “Golden child and princess” would fare better with his emotional welfare tactics.

Dreaming of summer vacation but not quite sure where it will fit around college related obligations!

I shouldn’t have to tell you that we need a business continuity plan due to potential coronavirus epidemic. You need to do you.

Oh, my gosh, relative, I just cannot believe you PERSISTED in pushing alternative medicine and vitamins on my dad in hospice! I TOLD you yesterday why that’s not practical. Then you showed up today unannounced with your wife and son and spouted the same nonsense at Dad!! Unbelievable. I was so steamed that I knew I shouldn’t talk to you, so I had my sister call you to tell you to knock it off and not visit without permission. And I don’t need you telling us we should be playing Bible tapes for Dad. He was a lay pastor for 60 years - he will tell us what he wants. :frowning:

We couldn’t believe it when we realized, back in middle school, that we had a singer / musical theater kid. And now we can’t believe we’re about to go to your last show. I promise I’m going to try not to cry.

Jeez-the kids are just speculating and dealing with the process. Let them guess, speculate or be anxious. You don’t have to have the last word.

Your adult son was taken in by a common internet romance scam. When I sounded the alarm, you poo-pooed it. Now he’s hurting because his “girlfriend” wasn’t actually on that flight from Ukraine. I realize he’s an adult but I do wish you hadn’t so actively encouraged this so-called relationship.

Part of me wants my friends to postpone their visit here. One is coming from a coronavirus “hotspot” and I just have to remind myself that we’re all doomed anyway!

Thanks to the good old boys network, once again, you get out of something. This time it’s another DUI. Some innocent person is going to be killed before you are stopped.

Me and big box grocery stores were just not made for each other. I have no patience! (exception: Costco)

I wish you weren’t so obnoxious and arrogant. And you’re not even that smart - you just think you are.

Good run. I admire your effort, passion and decision.

Yep. I was proud to support you and think you are doing the right thing for the country. Proud of you and hopeful for future runs.

The bummer of voting absentee! I think I’m going to go back to actually going to the polling place on Election Day.

How many coronavirus threads are enough?

Dagnabbit Metro. I really need to know if I am going to make it to work or not tomorrow!!!