Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

Been split for 10 years. Kids are with me primarily during school year. I get calls and they ask for stepmom. I feel bad for school personnel that have to deal with the drama but if they keep calling the wrong house, things likely aren’t getting done (which was the purpose of the phone call)

Does watching the stock market crash and reading all the COVID stuff remind anyone else of when OJ was in the white truck just driving around the freeway, but we couldn’t draw ourselves away?
I am not usually “sucked in” as much as I have been lately. Depressing times.

You are the laziest, most self-centered manchild I have ever met. Your wife and kids deserve better. Your mom would be ashamed of your behavior, give you a good kick, or both. Really. It’s time to grow up.

Tonight DH and I acknowledged our fears. Things feel ominous and we are vulnerable, yet pragmatic copers; we rise to challenges, we prepare, care and consider data. We can only hope it is enough for the long haul ahead.

How does my high school senior . . . How does any senior make plans for the future right now? How can they decide where they want to spend four years in college, when they aren’t even certain how they finish THIS school year? And can we even help pay for college now? Our savings have been seriously impacted by the stock market plunge.

I’m kinda GLAD that my senior is an avid gamer. He’s spending a LOT of time playing video games with “friends” around the globe, at all hours of the night, sometimes, and I’m actually kinda happy about that. YIKES… did I actually say that? Always been a struggle in my household. But now… I consider a welcomed diversion ( cause he can tend to get depressed about stuff like this) so he doesn’t dwell on the fact that Prom is cancelled and graduation likely will be too, and he won’t get to play his senior concert and no band banquet… the list goes on. ! And he said the other day, excitedly, "This is what I’ve been training for since I was 6, Momma. Video games all day, every day " ? Except when he comes home exhausted from the adult sized shift he’s schedule at work since he has no school.

You know how they say that you find out who’s really your friends during a crisis.

Same here on CC. Some people I have a lot more admiration for. Some, maybe not so much…

I am happy that S is getting outside and exercising after his school day finishes online BUT is there any smell worse than a teenage boy after a game of basketball? Bleh!

What an absolute buffoon!

What a crummy time to finally find a boyfriend!

Please STOP! I can’t take this every morning.

Exciting. Terrific. Tremendous. Incredible. Fantastic.
Nope, it’s (you’re) not.

Just Stop Talking/Rambling

Finally, someone said “thank you” to pharmaceutical and biotech researchers. About time.

Thank you to all of the people working so hard to help those sick and suffering.

Thank you to the teams at the federal and state and local levels too.

Everyone is an arm chair expert and you keep working hard for us.

Ignore the noise. They are a loud minority.

My youngsters (20 somethings) were watching until a moment, then they left.

It’s amazing how quickly they tune out to “How Great I Am.” I suspect they aren’t alone.

Thank you grocery store workers/farmers/truckers who are keeping our food supply chain intact.

Glad the gas stations are open, but why has the price not dropped? The price of oil has dropped 20% in the last week and gas prices haven’t budged.

Ok I’m tired of seeing people write “unchartered” territory instead of “uncharted”.

Liberty Mutual - you are the WORST insurance company ever. Sadly, we can’t pick and choose what insurance the idiot drivers out there have, so we are stuck.

I really miss my kids during this quarantine. They are both in their own apartments in the Boston area - so close and yet so far. DD was supposed to come home a couple of weekends ago but one of her coworkers is married to a Biogen employee so she/we didn’t want to rish her coming home. And now I don’t know when we’ll be able to see her next. She’s fine and healthy now and I’m praying she stays that way as she does have asthma but I really wish she could come home! DS is healthy too but upset because his ski trip to Colorado with friends is off and they’re getting a lot of snow there. And Brady left the Pats and there’s no sports to watch. Not big problems but it’s hard on both of them. But I’m really grateful that both of them are taking this seriously and staying in their apartments and not going out except for outdoor exercise.

I know it’s important and all, but I’m starting to wish that CC had a separate “page” for all Corona threads - I feel like it’s in my face everywhere I go…

Parent Forum
Parent Cafe
Corona Posts