Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

The younger me would be shocked, but it seems I’m becoming my father.

Sad day…

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/celebrities/grant-imahara-dead/index.html

:frowning:

Our community suffered a great loss last night. I hope we can truly come out stronger as we recover.

Look people, shopping for groceries is a one person job. I liked it when the stores had that as a rule. No need to bring a crowd with you.

Microsoft updated my Edge browser. It now looks like a Chrome browser. I liked the old Edge. So many things are different in the new browser. Oh well, I guess I’ll adapt.

Why yes you did go off my health insurance when you turned 26, which is why I sent you at least 3 reminders.
Now, you send me a text asking me months after your bday, if your health insurance went away on your 26th birthday? Of course I’m now stressed out, because I’m guessing you HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE, and you won’t handle this issue very quickly.
I’m now worried there’s something wrong with you (COVID is a thing, ya know…), and you won’t even give me the courtesy of a reply to my text. I likely won’t hear from you until next time you need something.
Little kids, little problems, big kids, big problems.

I expect that you will be joining the teachers in schools when they reopen? No? Then the kissing should be the sound of your job being kissed goodbye.

I’m really sick of your humble/brag schtick. Not to mention how you delight in telling us that you know everything, and the fact that you must must must be in charge. You are the epitome of the Queen Bee syndrome. And another thing: I really don’t like you.

Neighbor walking to your car with your off leash small dog: Do not say to me as your dog rushes towards me barking and trying to nip at me that “she won’t bite, she just likes to be in charge.” Keep your stupid dog on a leash or the next time it comes at me I will kick it. I am an animal lover, but people need to keep their pets under control!

Yes, I do expect to isolate yourself in part of our house for 14 days when you return from Houston TX, where your employer sent you, via airplane yesterday, to provide in person customer training over the next several days.

Guess AP scores were released ; )

Well you know, that’s life in the fast lane.

At a meeting yesterday, our client made a particularly inane request which I politely refused. As he turned around to leave the room, I rolled my eyes at his cluelessness only to realize my coworker caught me in the act. As she grinned and shook her head, I had a flashback to my D’s fifth grade parent-teacher conference. “SyrAlum, your D is a smart, enthusiastic learner but she has a habit of rolling her eyes when asked to do something she doesn’t agree with.”

Guess she’s more like me than I thought. And here I was, thinking she picked that up from H. Oops, sorry, sweetie. :wink:

Son confirmed he’s healthy and is working on getting health insurance!
It can’t happen fast enough for me, but at least he let me know he’s OK right now.
He’s employed by an IT company and I know they offer insurance, So hopefully he can talk his way through why it didn’t do it at the right time.

Post a picture of your beautiful local beach without saying that it isn’t crowded “like ‘they’ say it is.” (I’d appreciate fewer ‘us’ and ‘they’ in my days… )

I wish I were better able to eat without ending up with part of my meal on my shirt. OTH, since it was homegrown tomato today sliding out of my BLT, I’m willing to put up with it this time. Thankful for the tomato season a little more than usual this year!

Welcome back @skieurope. We missed you!

I’m sure you’re justifying it as being safe during the pandemic, but it’s really being passive aggressive.

14 years ago I got off a plane in my new home city and started a new job the next day. What a good decision we made. While we loved Dallas and weren’t planning to leave, we immediately fell in love with Tennessee.

Just once, could I name the dog? Just once? I have given you several names but nope, you won’t even think about them. This isn’t like you. I am very disappointed.