Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

The emperor has no clothes.

hoping critical thinking skills and common sense will be employed
my crap detector is flapping off the charts

I am NOT your IT department.

BIL, it’s NEVER ok to leave a 92 year old man alone for days after a fall with a badly hurt knee. Why didn’t you call? You know we’re available. Even a text would have been something. H calling and finding out his dad was at the table unable to go anywhere is not ok. Fortunately he was able to drop everything and be there in 4 hours, but this happened LAST WEEK and the stories he tells of what he hasn’t been able to do give me a lot of anger against you. It really, really seems like you want him to die. Isn’t there a spark of compassion in there somewhere? He’s your dad.

FIL, you need to go get that examined. Everyone can tell from the pictures that it isn’t ok. Med school lad even showed the picture to a dr to try to show you those who know about it agree. You’ve lived 92 years and can still have years to go. You enjoy life. You don’t need a blood clot taking you out. People may be able to fix things or make you more comfortable. Give them a chance.

What causes seemingly intelligent humans to make such bad choices?

Seriously, put on a mask

You are the only person I know who would ask If she knows why the potential purchaser is looking for a car.

Sad about the death of Julia Reed. Not a “super” fan, but I’ve read one of her books and followed her writing in Southern Living and Garden & Gun. Followed her on Instagram. What a stunning remembrance by Jon Meacham - we should all live such a full life. I was sure she was older than me, but she was only 59.

Shocked that no one living in a frat house realized that if someone tested positive that would mean all contacts would also need to be quarantined. What did you think was going to happen?

When, exactly, did one of you plan to tell me this? Or is it simply that there is no easy way for it to be flagged in the system, and no one would have known until after classes had started?

It’s a shame that there is a shortage of tests for ones who need testing but private colleges are hoarding thousands and testing students every other day.

It’s another shameful thing to invest money into measures to try to provide “normal college experience” to less than 50% on-campus students while all classes are online and money should go in making remote learning model better for 100% students.

CC keeps warning me about profanity. Put soap in my mouth

GD, not yet 3, went back to Montessori school last week. Living in an area with big COVID numbers, her parents had kept her home for the first 3 weeks until they could consult with pediatrician and with DIL’s OB/GYN (new baby coming in October). While we were visiting on FaceTime today, S compliments her while she eats lunch regarding her teacher’s report that she is doing a good job wearing her mask. If a 2 year old can wear a mask all day, I think there are some more in the over 3 crowd who could comply and help us get the virus under control. That is all for now.

A critter (we think maybe a possum) has decided that my deck and front steps are his bathrooms. Has left me several “gifts” in the past few days.

I miss all the activity that was once on this site.

Just found out that one of the dads we knew from S’s younger days died this week. Apparently, he had battled a neurodegenerative disease the past few years, and he had dementia. 58 years old. So very sad.

The one good thing about having a sump pump die on a Sunday when H is out of town is seeing my youngest lad (an adult) totally fill in for him with taking it apart, seeing that it couldn’t be fixed easily, and installing a new one correctly - with dad’s help by phone.

Way to go lad and thank you H for teaching him the basics! The two of you can take the old one apart totally and “play” with it all you want when you return. I’m thankful I can do dishes and laundry as needed!

Yikes. My brother is way too much like our dad.

I haven’t seen you and your wife since Christmas. I was so excited to have back in town for a month. I was hoping to get to see you a few times after 14 days of quarantine. Ma was also so excited to see you too. It was until we saw you on fB having meal with your elderly MIL and your kids after you’ve only being back for 3 days. You can’t be that careful if you were breaking your quarantine so soon. And there goes our xmas plan too.

I’m a rule follower but gotta say, I’m stumped what your rules actually are.

I am so unmotivated.